- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this Piddletrenthide holiday cottage is located above the quaintly-named village of Piddletrenthide, which sits above the West Dorset Downs, only 8 miles from Dorchester.
This superb detached Piddletrenthide holiday cottage is furnished and equipped to a very high standard and offers a spacious, light and airy retreat.
This Piddletrenthide holiday cottage comes complete with an outdoor swimming pool beside a lovely paved terrace, perfect for alfresco dining.
A short drive from this Piddletrenthide holiday cottage takes you to the famous Cerne Abbas Giant cut into the chalk downs, or hunt for a bargain at Dorchester's market.
A great Piddletrenthide holiday cottage, perfect for a get-away-from-it-all holiday for an extended family get-together or for a group of friends.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x double with TV & en-suite bath, shower, basin, WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single with additional pull-out stacker bed, 1 x 2nd floor double. Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. 2nd floor shower room with shower, basin & WC. Ground floor basin & WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with open fire. 2nd sitting room.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- 5-ring electric range cooker with double oven & grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs, one with Freeview (limited reception at times), DVD, iPod dock, CD/radio, library of DVDs, books & games
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Please bring own towels for swimming pool
- Lawned garden area with patio & furniture
- Unheated outdoor swimming pool, 12ft x 24ft x 4ft deep, available May to October inclusive
- Spacious paved terrace around pool
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1 mile
- Note: Children must be supervised around the pool area at all times
- Note: This owner requires a £100 refundable Good Housekeeping bond prior to arrival.
About the location
Dorchester 8 miles.
The pretty West Dorset village of Piddletrenthide can be found in the quaintly named Piddle Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, only 8 miles from Dorchester, situated off the main road on a private track. The village is surrounded by glorious countryside, with direct access to public footpaths abounding in superb walks, with excellent local pubs serving good food and real ales, and a village store. Interestingly the young Thomas Hardy, as an architect's assistant, worked on the parish church. A great base for touring, there is much to see and do within a short drive of this picturesque area, including the world famous Cerne Abbas giant, only 2 miles away, whilst the bustling market town of Dorchester, with its array of interesting shops, restaurants and museums is well worth a visit. Within easy reach is the family friendly seaside resort of Weymouth and the Jurassic coast, and also dramatic Portland, venue for the 2012 Olympic sailing events. With Bournemouth and Poole only 40 minutes away, this is altogether a super holiday destination at any time of the year.
- Last minute