- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming semi-detached character cottage, a short walk from the village pub in the little village of Nunton, just 4 miles south of the beautiful cathedral city of Salisbury.
The cottage offers holiday accommodation of a good standard, including lovely high vaulted beamed ceilings, exposed brick walls, and a warming woodburner, as well as a sunny glazed garden room overlooking the enclosed lawned garden.
Situated in the valley of the chalk stream River Ebble, there are lovely rural walks close by.
However, no visit to this super area would be complete without a trip to nearby Salisbury, with its stunning cathedral, magnificent Cathedral Close, twice-weekly market and array of cosmopolitan shops and restaurants.
Take a trip to ancient Stonehenge, Wilton House or the glorious New Forest National Park, all easily accessible.
A great Nunton cottage for a varied and interesting holiday, at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x eaves twin bedroom (restricted headroom at sides of the room). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower attachment off taps, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with Belfast sink. Light, airy sitting room with high vaulted beamed ceiling, exposed brickwork, woodburner & dining area off room. Garden room.
Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room. Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, library of books. Fuel, power & fuel for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Travel cot & highchair available. Garage parking for one car, additional off road parking for one car. Enclosed lawned rear garden with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 4 miles, pub 5 mins walk. Note: This property does not accept full week bookings during the ‘A’ band, only WSB.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous cottage in a great location.”
- “The cottage was clean, well kept and the welcome pack with a bottle of wine in the fridge was a very nice touch! Perfect for families and our dogs had the fully enclosed garden in which to run and play with our children. We had a fabulous time here, with Salisbury, Stonehenge and the New Forest all close by. I would fully recommend anybody to stay at Ostlers and thank the owners for their hospitality.”
- “Great Cottage - excellent location”
- “Easy to find - Keysafe makes things as easy as can possibly be! Some nice touches such as ketchup, wine and fruit !! Log burner was great - central heating would easy have been enough but we just had to have the fire on! Good location with with two welcoming pubs but well placed for of Salisbury and shops/ New Forest/Isle of Wight/ Stonehenge etc. We traveled as two couples and had loads of space! An excellent stay in a fabulous cottage!”
- “Stunning Property”
- “The key safe made access easy on arrival,much appreciated welcome pack.Entrance to property stunning with beams and fireplace.Log burner made cool evenings cosy and warm.Good location to explore New Forest,Salisbury Plain,Salisbury,South Coast and the Isle of Wight.Picturesque villages to explore close by.Two pubs in village serving food.Ideal walled garden safe for children and our dog,who enjoyed this very much.”
- “Lovely old fashioned interior, pet and child friendly.”
- “Efficient handover of keys, thoughtful stock up of essentials including bottle of wine. The property was just like home from home and the conservatory and enclosed garden meant it was safe and had play area for children even when wet. We could not use the log burner as there was not fire guard, but the central heating was all we could wish for. Pleasant village with two welcoming pubs but within easy reach of Salisbury and shops. The whole experience was positive and I cant wait to go again!”
- “Ostlers mirrored my expectations”
- “Very comfortable, some nice touches by owners, couple of bottles of wine, milk in fridge, well appointed great little place”
- “Very relaxing and enjoyable”
- “The cottage in Nunton really made our family holiday one of the best we've ever had. The cottage was clean and spacious and everything in the cottage and garden made our holiday very relaxing. The location of the cottage in this quite village which is a short drive away from the New Forest with its ponies walking on the road was something very special to us. Salisbury was everything we expected of that wonderful city and it has a lovely Cathedral. Old Sarum which was the original Salisbury is a couple of miles to the north and it is well worth a visit. The two local pubs which has very good food and most shops in the area were all dog friendly and we even took our dog into the Beauleiu Motor Museum which was very enjoyable. We spend two lovely weeks in the Ostlers Cottage and we've recommended this cottage to all our friends. Nunton village is very rural, but close to Salisbury with its shops and supermarkets and there is many more excellent places to visit for an excellent family holiday.”
- “Well equipped and comfortable”
- “We had a lovely few days at Ostlers. The cottage was well equipped and comfortable with a safe garden for our 2 young children. There was plenty to do round the area and we would recommend staying here”
- “The cottage was cosy but with plenty of room. It felt like a proper home.”
- “Loved Ostlers. The cottage had everything we could have wished for, a great deal of thought had gone into equipping it. There are some wonderful walks nearby which we and the dog enjoyed, and there are numerous interesting places to visit. Although we mostly cooked for ourselves The Radnor Arms pub is only a stone's throw along the road. We would definitely return to Ostlers.”
- “The cottage was very homely. There was a good variety of cooking equipment making meal preparation easy.”
About the location
Salisbury 4 miles.
The little South Wiltshire villages of Nunton, Odstock and Bodenham, 4 miles south of Salisbury, are situated on the banks of the sparkling chalk streamed River Ebble, well known for its watercress beds and trout farms. Also close to the River Avon, one of the best fishing rivers in England, this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty features lovely walks and picturesque thatched villages. Nearby, the medieval city of Salisbury provides visitors with a wealth of attractions, particularly the stunning cathedral with its landmark spire, tallest in the country, and tranquil cathedral close bordered by magnificent historic houses. Explore the profusion of interesting shops, whilst being spoilt for choice by the numerous inns and restaurants on offer, or browse the twice weekly market. A short drive takes you to lovely Wilton House, and ancient Stonehenge, or alternatively a visit to nearby New Forest National Park is not to be missed. This is a delightful village location from which to explore this beautiful area.