- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, self-contained single-storey wing of the owner's lovely thatched cottage, on the edge of the village of East Knoyle on the borders of Wiltshire and Dorset.
Comfortably furnished throughout, this charming East Knoyle cottage provides a perfect rural escape for a couple who wish to explore this lovely area.
This Wiltshire cottage boasts an impressive beamed open plan living area with a small kitchen area and a warming woodburner for those cooler evenings, plus your East Knoyle holiday home also has a double bedroom and a shower room.
Outside this East Knoyle holiday cottage, guests have the benefit of a private patio area, together with seasonal shared use of an outdoor heated Hopper swimming pool.
The centre of the attractive village of East Knoyle is just a short stroll from your Wiltshire cottage, which is famous as being the birthplace of Sir Christopher Wren, whilst numerous local footpaths offer scenic walking opportunities, or how about a trip to the nearby bison farm where you can sample an array of produce?
Further afield from your East Knoyle cottage is the ancient hilltop town of Shaftesbury, which offers stunning views in every direction, plus visit the picturesque Gold Hill of Hovis advert fame.
Also within a short drive are the wonderful gardens and house at Stourhead, enjoy the animal antics at Longleat Safari Park, or alternatively take a trip to Stonehenge, majestic Salisbury or regal Bath, all of which are easily accessible.
A charming and cosy Wiltshire cottage providing a comfortable holiday base at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, breakfast bar and sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, compact dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Front patio with furniture
- Shared use of outdoor heated 28' x 14' x 6'6" deep Hopper swimming pool (available mid May - mid Sept, dependent on weather conditions) by arrangement with owner
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 1.4 miles
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when outside
- Note: There is a main road approx
- 100 yards away across fields, therefore some traffic noise may be heard at certain times, only when outside of the property.
About the location
Shaftesbury 5 miles; Gillingham 7 miles.
The two rural communities of East and West Knoyle, the former being the birthplace of Sir Christopher Wren, sit on the Wiltshire side of the Dorset border and are also close to the border with Somerset. An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on the edge of the Blackmore Vale, the gentle rolling West Wiltshire downland is dotted with picturesque villages and lovely walks, with the impressive house and gardens at Stourhead just a short drive away. Close by, there are opportunities for sailing available at Shear Water, which borders the Longleat Estate, well-known for its Safari Park and stunning stately home. There are numerous places of interest worth visiting nearby, including mystical Stonehenge, the beautiful cathedral city of Salisbury and the impressive city of Bath. This is a delightful rural base from which to explore this fascinating area.
- Last minute