- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Alderholt 1 mile. A delightful semi-detached barn conversion, one of two holiday cottages set in 10-acres of grounds together with the owner's home, close to Alderholt and Fordingbridge, within easy reach of the New Forest National Park. This well-equipped Alderholt cottage has been tastefully furnished, retaining its natural rural charm and providing couples with a homely base from which to enjoy the surrounding countryside. There is a spacious and airy open plan living area at this Alderholt cottage, along with a comfortable double bedroom, complete with an en-suite bathroom. Within walking distance is a functioning water mill and a tea room, whilst the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty offers a fine selection of pleasant walks. Four miles from this charming Dorset cottage, the New Forest National Park can be found, where wild ponies and deer roam freely, and there are numerous opportunities to explore the forest tracks by foot, bike or saddle. There are wonderful country pubs, charming tea rooms and Michelin-starred restaurants in the area, so whatever you fancy, you will be spoilt for choice. With the coast within easy reach and the New Forest so close by, this lovely little cottage near Alderholt is sure to please. Note: This property can be booked with Ref. 6969, together they sleep 4.
One double eaves bedroom with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Electric convector heaters. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and CDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Private patio with furniture. Shared lawned garden. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 9 mins walk, pub 1 mile.
- “Absolutely brilliant. The owners are friendly and helpful. Thank you for a wonderful week.”
- “Very clean and comfortable. Lovely garden and immaculate property. Lovely hearing birds sing in the morning. Great central location for visiting coastal areas.”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our week at Fox Hole Cottage and the owners were very welcoming. Everything we needed was supplied.”
- “Having chosen this property as a base to explore the New Forest, we found that we had excellent access to a variety of coastal towns and features. Access to historic villages, National Trust properties and a wonderful working watermill within 5 minutes walking distance were an added bonus. We also chose this property for the internet access - which was excellent.”
- “Perfect in every way, had a great time. The cottage was well equipped and very clean and tidy. The area was quiet and within driving distance of lots of beautiful places, could not have been better. Thank you.”
- “The property was of a very high standard and very comfortable, the owners were unobtrusive but very friendly and reassuringly near by if required.”
- “Cottage in very quiet location. Carpets and furniture all looked new. We had an excellent week and hope to go back.”
About the location
Fordingbridge 3 miles.
Alderholt is a friendly, scattered east Dorset community, found on the borders of Hampshire and Wiltshire, and lies in an attractive area of woodland, heathland and commonland, through which flows the River Avon, well known for its trout fishing. Three miles away lies the pretty Hampshire town of Fordingbridge, close to the edge of The New Forest National Park, with its swathes of purple heather and woodlands, home to wild ponies and dotted with quaint villages. Ten miles north takes you to the ancient city of Salisbury, with its beautiful cathedral, or alternatively take a trip south to the glorious seaside resort of Bournemouth, with its lively shopping centre and wonderful "Blue Flag" rated beaches. For keen golfers, Remedy Oak and Bramshaw courses are within a short drive. An ideal base for exploring three picturesque counties.