- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming Grade II listed, semi-detached cottage set in an elevated position within the ancient North Dorset hilltop town of Shaftesbury.
This cosy, Shaftesbury holiday cottage has been renovated to a good standard, boasting beams, a lovely woodburning stove and solid oak flooring in the sitting room.
Stairs from the open plan sitting and dining room rise up to a compact bathroom and two cosy bedrooms from where there are views towards the Blackmore Vale.
A short walk up the hill from this Shaftesbury holiday cottage takes you to the town centre with its interesting array of shops and restaurants, as well as the famous 'Gold Hill' of Hovis advert fame.
There is plenty to see and do from this Shaftesbury holiday cottage, including the stunning house and gardens at Stourhead, Sherborne's Abbey and Castle, and Longleat Safari Park, whilst picturesque Salisbury, Stonehenge and the Dorset Coast are all easily accessible.
This Shaftesbury holiday cottage makes a comfortable base from which to explore this lovely Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Two bedrooms: 1 x 4’ double, 1 x double. Bathroom with corner bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, exposed stone wall and woodburning stove.
- Full gas central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen and woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, CD/radio, MP3 Player, Xbox, library of books and games, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for wood burning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Unrestricted roadside parking close by
- Lawned garden and patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 min walk, pub serving food 2 min walk
- Note: There are steps up to the front door and the garden is elevated above the lane.
About the location
Salisbury 21 miles; Bath 30 miles.
One of Dorset’s prettiest and most historic towns, Shaftesbury is perched on a spur of rolling green hills, and the views in all directions are without comparison. Lush green meadows, woodland glades and outstanding architecture are all within a short walk. One of the best vantage points is from Gold Hill (Ridley Scott's famous Hovis advert was filmed here) with its quaint, cobbled and very steep street. Visit the ruins of Shaftesbury Abbey (a place of great pilgrimage from the 11th century) or navigate the intricate and ancient lanes. Bath, Salisbury and Sherborne are all under an hour away, or drive through the stunning countryside of Blackmoor Vale down to the coast at Poole, Bournemouth and Weymouth. A beautiful area, that still carries the flavour of the very best of the English countryside.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute