- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful Grade II listed hamstone cottage, a former Quaker Meeting House, tucked away within an attractive conservation area of ancient Sherborne.
Just a short walk from an abundance of restaurants and interesting shops, this semi-detached Sherborne cottage has been lovingly renovated and furnished to an extremely high standard, cleverly combining lots of original character with modern contemporary convenience.
The open plan ground floor of this Sherborne cottage features a wealth of exposed beams, a charming fireplace with a woodburning stove, a super fitted kitchen and underfloor heating.
Sherborne has lots to offer visitors, with its lovely abbey and castles, whilst a short drive from this Sherborne cottage takes you to Stourhead's stunning house and gardens, historic Shaftesbury, majestic Salisbury Cathedral, or Roman Bath.
A very special and romantic Sherborne cottage, one you'll want to return to time and again!
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x single with additional pull-out bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, small utility, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
Gas central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and in bathroom and woodburning stove in sitting area. Gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, books/games/DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. On-street parking on a first come, first served basis in adjacent road. Alternatively, pay and display car park within 100 yards. Small gravelled sitting out area to the front with garden furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 5 mins walk, pub 1 min walk. Note: Narrow, twisting stairs.
- Last minute
- “Better than expected”
- “We stayed at Quaker Cottage for a week with our daughter and son-in-law. It completely exceeded our expectations. A delightful cottage with lovely furnishings, very comfortable beds, and everything needed for a relaxing holiday. And on the one occasion we needed to ask for help from the manager he came immediately, and cheerfully, to our aid. Sherborne is a charming town, with good shopping, pubs and restaurants (the cottage is behind The George pub, and two minutes walk to Waitrose) and well situated for touring the pretty Dorset countryside. We will definitely stay there again.”
- “Perfect, central cottage”
- “This lovely cottage was perfect in every way. Very well appointed and extremely comfortable. There a a teeny glitch in the bedding and the delightful owner rushed over to sort it out with a basket of fresh muffins and a lovely warm char! The cottage is a perfect base for walking and exploring Sherborne. We were nervous about parking our two cars but managed to do so free in George Lane every day.”
- “The cottage was very well equiped with everything you could poss”
- “A wonderful experience, the cottage had everything a family could want. Kitchen was very well equiped, beds were very comfortable and the linen was beautiful. Great pub The George had good food and friendly owners. Loved it...The shopping was amazing...we would stay there again.”
- “Lovely cottage in delightful town.”
- “My mum and I had an excellent week in this rather quaint cottage. It has bags of character and the owners have put some nice pieces of furniture and art work around the place. There is only a very tiny outside space at the front and the property is directly behind a pub. It was quite difficult to find as it is tucked up a little side road. There is no parking and the access is limited. Parking in the long stay carpark at 2.80 per day was not too bad but did mount up over the week. Sherborne is beautiful with lots of shops and cafes - and a stunning abbey.”
- “Comfortable, cosy cottage.”
- “Quaker Cottage is a delightful little cottage, ideally situated in the small town of Sherbourne. We were warmly welcomed by the owner who made sure we had all we needed for a comfortable stay. Everything you could want is on the doorstep including an artisan baker, lovely little shops and fantastic dog friendly pubs. Although it is a dog friendly cottage the front yard is tiny but there are plenty of lovely walks nearby. Would have given 5 stars but parking a bit tricky, a good value council car park very close by.”
- “Great cottage - clean, warm, convenient and a stone's throw from Sherborne High St. Top-class mattress too in main bedroom, had a very pleasant night sleep! Lovely walks out of town into the surrounding countryside. Very easy to book and easy to find! We had a fantastic long weekend at Quakers Cottage!”
- “We just loved the cottage from the start. Quaint and beautifully furnished. It was very quiet which was what we wanted.”
- “A charming and very convenient cottage. Liked the welcoming touches waiting for us.”
- “Loved the location and the accommodation lived up to expectations. We would certainly like to come back.”
- “Proximity to town and places of interest to visit is great and we did stay here before but parking is a real pain especially with children. Inside the cottage is well presented and pretty bedrooms.”
- “Quaker Cottage is located within walking distance of all of Sherborne’s amenities and attractions. Sherborne itself, being on the A30 trunk road, gives easy access to the surrounding area.”
- “Sherborne is an excellent base from which to explore Dorset and Quaker Cottage was the perfect place to stay.”
- “Central location, comfy cottage. Felt like home.”
- “The central location in Sherborne really can't be beat. The cottage was super cosy and really comfortable. Lots of lovely hot water from the excellent shower too. Parking just behind the cottage in a public car park was convenient and really reasonable. The fact that Quaker Cottage was pretty much next to a toy shop, a knitting shop and an artisan bakery made it hugely perfect for all my family!”
About the location
Yeovil 6 miles.
The ancient town of Sherborne lies on the delightful banks of the River Yeo set amidst glorious unspoilt countryside and boasts many picturesque buildings, ancient Inns and quaint shops. Probably best known for its beautiful abbey and two stunning castles, one of which is relatively “new”, only dating back to 1594 and boasting superbly landscaped gardens, Sherborne makes an ideal place for a day of sightseeing or a quiet afternoon stroll. A short drive will take you to the stunning house and gardens at Stourhead and the sublime Dorset Heritage Coast, whilst just across the border in Somerset is the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, offering stunning displays of historic aircraft, including Concorde. A fantastic location for all the family.