- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful Grade II listed hamstone cottage, a former Quaker Meeting House, tucked away within an attractive conservation area of ancient Sherborne.
Just a short walk from an abundance of restaurants and interesting shops, this semi-detached Sherborne cottage has been lovingly renovated and furnished to an extremely high standard, cleverly combining lots of original character with modern contemporary convenience.
The open plan ground floor of this Sherborne cottage features a wealth of exposed beams, a charming fireplace with a woodburning stove, a super fitted kitchen and underfloor heating.
Sherborne has lots to offer visitors, with its lovely abbey and castles, whilst a short drive from this Sherborne cottage takes you to Stourhead's stunning house and gardens, historic Shaftesbury, majestic Salisbury Cathedral, or Roman Bath.
A very special and romantic Sherborne cottage, one you'll want to return to time and again!
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x single with additional pull-out bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, small utility, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and in bathroom and woodburning stove in sitting area
- Gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, books/games/DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- On-street parking on a first come, first served basis in adjacent road
- Alternatively, pay and display car park within 100 yards
- Small gravelled sitting out area to the front with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Note: Narrow, twisting stairs.
About the location
Yeovil 6 miles.
The ancient town of Sherborne lies on the delightful banks of the River Yeo set amidst glorious unspoilt countryside and boasts many picturesque buildings, ancient Inns and quaint shops. Probably best known for its beautiful abbey and two stunning castles, one of which is relatively “new”, only dating back to 1594 and boasting superbly landscaped gardens, Sherborne makes an ideal place for a day of sightseeing or a quiet afternoon stroll. A short drive will take you to the stunning house and gardens at Stourhead and the sublime Dorset Heritage Coast, whilst just across the border in Somerset is the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, offering stunning displays of historic aircraft, including Concorde. A fantastic location for all the family.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute