- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A pretty, period hamstone terraced cottage, thought to have been a former workman's cottage, tucked away within the attractive conservation area in the centre of the ancient North Dorset town of Sherborne.
The cottage has been imaginatively renovated to create an open plan living space on the ground floor, and when you step straight into the relaxing sitting area you will feel instantly at home.
This leads to the well thought out kitchen and dining area, where steps lead up to the attractive courtyard garden, a sunny spot to take refreshments while you plan your day out.
Upstairs there are two comfortable bedrooms and a modern bathroom.
The cottage is conveniently situated; just a short stroll takes you to the great choice of pubs and restaurants and an array of interesting shops on offer in Sherborne's town centre, as well as museums and the lovely historic abbey.
Within walking distance are Sherborne's castles, visit the ruins of the old castle or the magnificent new castle and gardens.
Alternatively, take a trip to Stourhead's stunning house and gardens, the Saxon hilltop town of Shaftesbury, or majestic Salisbury Cathedral and regal Bath are all easily accessible.
A charming Sherborne town centre cottage, offering a convenient and comfortable holiday base at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 4’ double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, slimline dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Restricted one hour parking 9.30am-6pm, Mon-Sat outside cottage on a first come, first served basis
- Public car park 120 yards away, charged at £2.80 a day, open 8am-6pm, Mon-Sat
- Raised enclosed courtyard garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: 4’ double accessed from one side only
- Note: There are 4 steps up from the kitchen to the courtyard garden.
About the location
Yeovil 6 miles.
The ancient town of Sherborne lies on the delightful banks of the River Yeo set amidst glorious unspoilt countryside and boasts many picturesque buildings, ancient Inns and quaint shops. Probably best known for its beautiful abbey and two stunning castles, one of which is relatively “new”, only dating back to 1594 and boasting superbly landscaped gardens, Sherborne makes an ideal place for a day of sightseeing or a quiet afternoon stroll. A short drive will take you to the stunning house and gardens at Stourhead and the sublime Dorset Heritage Coast, whilst just across the border in Somerset is the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, offering stunning displays of historic aircraft, including Concorde. A fantastic location for all the family.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute