- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
Dating back to the 1820s, this well-presented, semi-detached cottage adjoins the owners' farmhouse and is situated on a working livestock farm, on the outskirts of the village of South Perrott in West Dorset.
Furnished and equipped to a good standard, this South Perrott cottage offers both small family groups or couples an enjoyable rural retreat in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Comfortably furnished throughout, this Dorset cottage features lovely views from the first floor across the surrounding 50 acre farm.
This cottage in Dorset offers two bedrooms, a shower room, a well-equipped kitchen and a sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
Outside this South Perrott holiday home is an attractive courtyard and lawned garden, which provides the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day exploring the area, plus at certain times of the year the farm's calves and lambs are a delight to watch.
Locally, there are two pubs serving real ales and good food, ideal for taking refreshment after walking the nearby River Parrett Trail, visiting the bustling towns of Crewkerne or Beaminster, or simply exploring one of the numerous attractive villages close to your Dorset cottage.
A little further afield is the Jurassic Coast, West Bay with its lively harbour and Lyme Regis with its historic seafront and sandy beaches, or alternatively explore the Somerset Levels, which is a haven for wildlife.
There really is something for everyone from this charming farm location.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and flame-effect electric fire.
- Electric storage heaters and freestanding electric radiator in twin bedroom with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front enclosed courtyard and lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Due to there being no pavement, care should be taken at all times when walking to and from the local pub
- Note: Cottage is located on a working farm, therefore there will be some associated sounds and smells
- Note: Eggs, burgers, sausages and seasonal vegetables are available to purchase on site.
About the location
Crewkerne 3 miles; Beaminster 5 miles.
The friendly parishes of South Perrott and neighbouring Chedington can be found in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where west Dorset borders south Somerset. This quaint rural village is peacefully set amongst glorious countryside abounding in lovely walks, including The Parrett Trail, a 50 mile long distance footpath, which follows the River Parrett to the north Somerset coast. The charming Dorset town of Beaminster is five miles away and is renowned for its attractive hamstone cottages, whilst Somerset's Crewkerne is three miles away, boasting a thriving shopping centre and mainline station. Whilst exploring Dorset, it’s well-worth visiting Thomas Hardy’s house and discovering all that Thomas Hardy country has to offer. There's easy access to the stunning Jurassic Coast, and both Lyme Regis and West Bay offer a great day out. Alternatively, visit Yeovilton's Fleet Air Arm Museum, Forde Abbey, or Sherbourne, all of which are a short drive away. A tranquil, rural base from which to explore the delights of this lovely area.
- Last minute