- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming self-contained, single-storey, semi-detached barn conversion, set in the grounds of the owner’s home, in the idyllic North Dorset hamlet of Fifehead Neville, three miles from Sturminster Newton. This superb Fifehead Neville cottage provides couples with a cosy, romantic rural retreat, and is within driving distance to a host of interesting places. The open plan living area and king-size double bedroom at this cottage near Sturminster Newton feature original exposed beams, along with modern comforts, and both rooms have been furnished with hand-crafted wooden furniture, which has been created by the owner, who runs a workshop on-site. Outside this Sturminster Newton cottage is an enclosed courtyard garden, perfect for alfresco dining after a busy day out. Locally there are lots of lovely walks to be had, straight from the door of your Dorset holiday home, or explore the nearby town of Sturminster Newton, which offers visitors an interesting array of shops and inns. Within driving distance is Blandford Forum, set on the banks of the River Stour, historic Sherborne, as well as the lovely Jurassic Coast. This sweet, rural Sturminster Newton cottage offers a convenient base, at any time of the year.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be 2' 6" twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, breakfast bar and sitting area.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven with two-ring hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed, front gravelled garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Cottage accessed via a shared lobby area
- Note: The owner has 2 dogs
- Note: Limited mobile signal.
- Last minute
- “A lovely, peaceful cottage in the countryside with easy access to a variety of locations for day trips. It was spotlessly clean and nothing was overlooked. The hosts were very helpful and friendly.”
- “A relaxing home from home, the owners gave us a lovely warm welcome and were very thoughtful, such nice people, it made the whole experience very enjoyable. A lot of thought has gone into the layout and quality of furniture, the bed is the most comfortable bed ever, I've just ordered the same mattress for home, 10 out 10, we loved it.”
- “An obviously well loved cottage which was cosy and comfortable. The hosts were very friendly and very helpful. Would certainly go there again.”
- “Rosie Cottage is spotlessly clean, warm, cosy and very well equipped - all the contents are top quality. Its décor is pleasing and interesting and the bed amazingly comfortable. The shower room is excellent. The owners are friendly and helpful and anxious to please - thoughtful and kind. The location is rural and very quiet so one is able to recharge batteries and completely relax. I would give this venue five stars and certainly recommend it for a comfortable, quiet, luxurious, warm, stay. Thank you to the owners - you have given your cottage huge thought and effort and created a little gem - well done.”
- “Rosie Cottage has been fitted and furnished to a high standard and offers warm, cosy and quiet accommodation. We particularly liked the thick, soft mattresses and handmade furniture. The owners were very welcoming and helpful throughout our stay and my son found the fluffy chickens hilarious.”
- “Fantastic location and brilliant host. Weather was perfect which allowed us to spend more time out and about. Rosie Cottage was also very well thought out and considering dogs were allowed, it was extremely fresh and clean.”
- “The owners were so welcoming and friendly. Absolutely stunning cottage! We will be returning soon!”
- “This is a perfect cottage for a quiet getaway. The cottage is beautifully decorated and set in a quiet little village with has easy routes for sight seeing around the Dorset countryside. The owners were fantastic hosts, so kind and welcoming, I wish them both the best. We hope to return very soon.”
- “The cottage was as near to perfect as you could ask for. A great combination of modern and rustic with unique furniture. A beautiful part of the world , a week is not enough! The owners of the cottage were very nice and couldn't be more helpful.”
- “Excellent accommodation in quiet and peaceful surroundings. Welcoming and friendly hosts, nothing was too much trouble.”
About the location
Sturminster Newton 3 miles; Blandford Forum 9.5 miles.
The hamlet of Fifehead Neville is peacefully located within the Blackmore Vale, less than ten miles from Blandford Forum in glorious North Dorset. The surrounding countryside, celebrated by Thomas Hardy, who wrote Return of The Native in nearby Sturminster Newton, is now a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers superb scenic walks and is a haven for wildlife. There is plenty to see and do within an easy drive, including Stourhead House and Gardens, the fabulous abbey and castles at Sherborne, the Saxon hilltop town of Shaftesbury, as well as the bustling market town of Dorchester. Just a little further afield, the beautiful cathedral city of Salisbury, and the popular seaside resorts of Bournemouth and Weymouth provide great days out. A super holiday base from which to explore this lovely part of the Dorset.