“Beautiful property in a stunning ...”Beautiful property in a stunning location. So peaceful and relaxing and the hot tub was a big favourite, just wish it had been ready to use on the day we arrived rather then having to wait for the next day.
- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A stylish, detached bungalow, with a hot tub, in the peaceful village of West Bexington.
Offering unrivalled sea views, this delightful cottage is situated right beside the dramatic Chesil Beach on Dorset’s stunning Jurassic Coast.
This luxurious coastal retreat is stylishly furnished and equipped with everything you need to make an unforgettable holiday experience.
There are two beautiful bedrooms, with the choice of a shower or a bath in the spacious bathroom.
The excellent kitchen with dining area has amazing sea views, whilst the tastefully-furnished sitting room offers a lovely place to relax or use the high powered telescope to scan the distant seascape.
On warm days push open the patio doors and enjoy a meal in the sunny conservatory, or watch the sun go down over the sea with an ice cold drink, whilst relaxing in your private hot tub, sheer bliss!
Should you tire of all this, then there is excellent fishing from Chesil Beach and superb walking along the adjacent South West Coast Path.
Alternatively the picturesque villages of Abbotsbury and Burton Bradstock are easily accessible, as is the harbour at West Bay made famous as being TV’s Broadchurch.
A wonderful cottage in a fabulous area at any time of the year.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with basin, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Utility with basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric flame-effect fire. Conservatory.
- Oil central heating with electric fire and underfloor heating in conservatory
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, Fatman iTube ValveDock, WiFi, selection of DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Front and rear lawned gardens, rear patio with furniture and BBQ
- Decked patio with 8-seater hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub/restaurant 5 mins walk
- Beach 2 mins walk
- Note: Seasonal tea room opposite the property
- Note: There are 4 steps up to the front door, may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: One room in the property is used for storage by the owner and is locked at all times.
About the location
Abbotsbury 3 miles; Bridport 6 miles.
Lying next to the sea and Chesil Beach, equidistant between Burton Bradstock and Abbotsbury, is the small village of West Bexington. This is a stunning area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, as well as an area of Special Scientific Interest - pebbled Chesil Beach, which extends for 14 miles, from Burton Bradstock to the Portland peninsula, is part of the Jurassic Coast and now a World Heritage Site. Fishermen and walkers are well provided for, as a great variety of fish can be caught at any time of year, and the South West Coastal Path runs right alongside the beach. Only confident swimmers should attept to swim here, but Weymouth, offering lovely, gently shelving sands, is only a short drive away. There's lots to see and do within easy reach of the village. No journey to this area would be complete without a visit to picturesque Abbotsbury, 3 miles, with its Swannery, Tithe Barn and Sub Tropical Gardens, with Dorchester, Bridport, and Lyme Regis all within easy reach.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute