- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
For those wishing to escape to the country, you need look no further than this warm, romantic and inviting bijou retreat, tucked away in the grounds of the owners’ country house, beside a cider orchard, within the quaint East Somerset village of Westcombe.
The owners have lovingly created this little gem from a 200 year old former farm cottage, beautifully designed with an eye for detail.
The stunning open plan ground floor will impress you with comfy furnishings complementing the original exposed stone walls.
You can toast your toes on the underfloor heating beneath the Blue Lias flagstones, or relax in front of the cosy woodburning stove in the sitting area after your adventurous days out, whilst the well thought-out compact kitchen is equipped with all you need to create delicious home cooked treats.
Upstairs, you’ll have a perfect night’s sleep in the superb mezzanine bedroom, which overlooks the living area, with its lovely king-size bed, or enjoy a soak in the gorgeous freestanding bath, whilst shower lovers are well catered for as there’s a ground floor wet room shower too!
Outside, the private patio awaits, a super place to sip a glass or two of your favourite tipple, while gazing at the starlit sky.
Locally there are lots of footpaths to explore, or visit the nearby 400 year old pub, a former CAMRA pub of the year!
Further afield, take trips to the National Trust’s Stourhead House and Gardens, Longleat House and Safari Park, Clark’s Shopping village and mystical Glastonbury.
A perfect romantic and snug Somerset village retreat, not only a great touring base but a wonderful place to recharge your batteries, so you’ll return home refreshed and revitalised!
One mezzanine king-size double bedroom with freestanding bath. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with compact kitchen, breakfast bar and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Electric underfloor heating on ground floor with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and 2 ring ceramic hob, compact fridge, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and all fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Unrestricted roadside parking for 1 car
- Patio with furniture, plus use of owners’ garden
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: There’s no TV at this cottage
- Note: The owners have 2 dogs and 3 cats
- Note: Use of owners’ fridge/freezer is available by arrangement
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: Baby and dog sitting available by arrangement
- Note: The cottage has steep stairs, and there’s steps down to the cottage front door, therefore it may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Check-in 3pm, check-out 11am.
About the location
Bruton 3.5 miles; Shepton Mallet 6 miles; Glastonbury 15 miles.
The small, attractive villages of Westcombe and neighbouring Batcombe nestle in the valley of the River Alham in East Somerset, on the edge of the Mendip Hills and only 3.5 miles from the small town of Bruton. This lush Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is bursting with lovely rural walks, picturesque villages and country pubs. Within a short drive are the superb house and gardens at Stourhead, as well as magnificent Longleat House and Safari Park. Enjoy a trip to mystical Glastonbury, The Royal Bath & West Showground, or Clarks Village shopping centre at Street, all within an easy drive. A little further afield, Wells and Salisbury Cathedrals, Cheddar Gorge, Stonehenge and even the Dorset and Somerset coasts are all easily accessible, making this an enjoyable holiday destination at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute