- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A cosy, traditional terraced cottage dating from 1736, quietly situated on a pedestrianised lane in the heart of Weymouth, 2 minutes&
8217; walk from the sea.
Set over three floors, the cottage has been sympathetically renovated with all modern comforts, yet it still retains a 'period' feel, and benefits from a cosy woodburner, wooden floors, comfortable bedrooms and a small enclosed garden.
At the end of the lane, steps lead down to Newton's Cove, a great place for rock pools, or crabbing at low tide.
A short walk takes you to the vibrant harbour, from where you can take fishing or diving trips.
Alternatively, visit Brewer's Quay, with its shops and restaurants.
Walk the coastal path, laze on Weymouth's fantastic golden sands or enjoy watersports.
A superb Weymouth cottage, and a great family base for everything this lovely area has to offer.
Over three floors.
Three bedrooms with wooden floors: 1 x double, 1 x 2nd floor double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x 2nd floor twin. Bathroom with corner bath, shower cubicle, basin, WC. Well equipped kitchen. Dining room with wooden floor. Sitting room with wooden floor & woodburner.
- Full gas central heating, woodburner in sitting room
- Gas oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, colour TV, Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, books/DVDs/games
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Starter pack for woodburner provided (November to end of March)
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Free roadside parking near to property, first come, first served basis or 3 Pay & Display public car parks within 2 mins walk (parking is not available directly in front of the property due to its location on a pedestrianised street)
- Enclosed garden with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (downstairs only), £10 per dog per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 5 mins walk.
About the location
Dorchester 7 miles; Bridport 17 miles.
The popular resort of Weymouth makes an outstanding year-round holiday destination, with a wide variety of attractions on offer, appealing to all tastes and ages. The glorious golden sandy beaches have excellent facilities for all kinds of watersports, whilst from the picturesque, bustling harbour you can take regular fishing trips. A short drive takes you to Portland Harbour, and the rugged “Isle” of Portland, linked to Weymouth by the dramatic Chesil Beach. Visit Dorchester, Thomas Hardy’s “Casterbridge”, only 7 miles away, or take a journey along the scenic coastal road and call in at Abbotsbury Swannery and Subtropical Gardens. Alternatively, just head down to West Bay - the views of the stunning Dorset Heritage Coastline are not to be missed!
This property offers the following short breaks: