- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful single-storey, self-contained wing of the owner's home, set in the pretty village of South Cheriton, just 3 miles from Wincanton.
Situated close to the Somerset/Dorset border, this spacious cottage is well presented boasting two lovely bedrooms and a charming, double-aspect sitting room with access to the private patio area, ideal for dining alfresco.
The surrounding area offers a variety of fabulous country walks whilst the local pub is only 100 yards away!
Offering a great touring base, with easy access to numerous attractions including historic Sherborne with its castle and abbey, Stourhead House and Gardens, The Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton and the Dorset Heritage Coast, all within easy reach, this great property has plenty to offer at any time of year!Read more
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Additional WC and basin. Spacious fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with flame-effect gas fire and patio doors leading to garden. Hall.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric halogen hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV, DVD player, CD player/radio etc
- Small library of books/games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared lawned garden (with owner) with private patio and garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, strictly no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 100 yards
- Note: The owner of this property has 1 dog
- Note: Due to the pond and steep bank behind the cottage this property only accepts babes in arms and children of 10 yrs and over.
About the location
Wincanton 3 miles; Sherborne 5 miles.
The pretty little village of South Cheriton is situated on the border of Dorset and Somerset, in the heart of Blackmore Vale, just 3 miles from Wincanton. Surrounded by idyllic countryside and boasting fine views, the whole area offers a vast array of great walking and cycling opportunities. Nearby Wincanton offers some good pubs and a small selection of quaint shops, whilst the ancient town of Sherborne, with its castle and abbey can be found just a short drive away. With the ancient hilltop town of Shaftesbury, Stourhead House and Gardens, Glastonbury and Stonehenge all within easy reach, this great area makes a superb base for exploring all that Somerset and Dorset have to offer.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute