- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
An absolutely charming semi-detached, stone-built thatched cottage, believed to date back to 1710, in the most attractive rural South Somerset village of Yarlington, midway between Castle Cary and Wincanton. Set in the grounds of the owner’s cottage, this Yarlington holiday home has been lovingly restored to embrace all the modern creature comforts required, yet still retain a wealth of character, creating a most delightful holiday home for a couple or small family group. The beamed sitting room of this Yarlington cottage provides a cosy, warm social space to snuggle up in after your day out, plus there is a well-equipped kitchen for preparing tasty meals. Upstairs, the bedroom with its pretty, decorative cast iron fireplace, offers both a single and double bed, together with an adjacent shower room. Outside this delightful Yarlington cottage there’s a lawned garden with furniture, a great spot to relax whilst planning your days out. An easy drive from your Yarlington cottage takes you to the attractive small market town of Castle Cary with its wealth of antique shops and array of local inns. The nearby town of Wincanton has a slightly larger selection of shops and restaurants, as well as the popular Wincanton race course. Within driving distance from this Yarlington holiday cottage are the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton and Sparkford Motor Museum. Or, venture north to ancient Glastonbury or the Clark’s shopping outlet, whilst the wonderful house and garden at Stourhead, and historic Sherborne are also easily accessible. A most attractive characterful Yarlington cottage, a cosy holiday home at any time of the year.
One family bedroom with 1 double and 1 single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and electric flame-effect fire.
- Electric central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, small dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Lawned garden with furniture accessed up steps to side of cottage
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Owner’s home and B&B are adjacent to the cottage
- Note: WiFi can be slow
- Note: No children under 5
Note: No children under 5.
- Last minute
- “We had a completely relaxing stay at the Thatch. The cottage as well as it's surroundings is beautiful. A modern bathroom and kitchen added to a country style living room gave us both all the modern amenities we needed but still retained it's country origins. The local pub being less than five minutes away from the cottage was a bonus, especially as it did really good food also. The garden, which was ours exclusively, was beautiful and it was lovely to sit outside in the sun after we had gotten back from our travels around Somerset. I would highly recommend the Thatch to all my friends and family.”
- “Really enjoyed the accommodation - the owners live next door. They were very welcoming, but left us alone, which was lovely. We would definitely stay again.”
- “The location & the tasteful preservation of the cottage that the owners must be very proud of it was a pleasure to stay there & visit the area of Somerset. The cottage was very clean/comfortable with welcoming tea/coffee making facilities on arrival. Brilliant break for late in the season. Highly recommended.”
- “I would certainly recommend this property to family and friends. It is such a beautiful cottage in beautiful surroundings. Our stay was most relaxing and our dog enjoyed herself too. The location of the cottage was handy for travelling all over Somerset and for the local pub, just a couple of minutes walk up the road.”
- “The Thatch was a charming character cottage in a beautiful rural setting. The interior was comfortable and included all the facilities required. The garden was lovely, with well kept flower borders and attractive table and chairs.”
- “This is an excellent cottage in a tiny village with a good local pub just up the road. It is very well equipped and the owners are lovely hosts. Would definitely recommend.”
- “Such a fantastic cottage, the photos don't do this justice! I couldn't have asked for anything more from this perfect cottage and location.”
- “The cottage was in a very rural, quiet village with a good pub for food. There are plenty of places to visit within a few miles and the owners are most friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our time there. Fully recommend it for a quiet time to unwind.”
- “Quiet location near to good pub and convenient for visiting Dorset and Somerset. Friendly owners!”
- “The cottage was cosy and comfortable. The owners went out of their way to ensure everything was perfect for their guests.”
- “Beautiful area, quiet and peaceful. The Owners are the most helpful people you could wish to meet. An absolute gem!!!!”
About the location
Castle Cary 3 miles; Wincanton 3 miles.
The picturesque village of Yarlington, with its beautiful church and clear water stream, at the head of the River Cam, can be found in rural Somerset. This is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, midway between Castle Cary and Wincanton. The local area is surrounded by lovely country walks, with the popular village pub serving real ales and good food. Three miles away, the small market town of Castle Cary offers an interesting selection of antique shops, local stores, pubs and restaurants, whilst the thriving town of Wincanton, also 3 miles away, probably best known for its racecourse, provides good shopping and leisure facilities. Local transport links allow easy drives to numerous places of interest including Sparkford Motor Museum and the famous Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton. Alternatively, take a day out to mystic Glastonbury, the National Trust’s Stourhead House and magnificent gardens, or historic Sherborne, all easily accessible. A lovely south Somerset location, offering a wealth of lush rural landscapes, quaint villages and relaxing walks. A real escape to the country!