- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A spacious detached bungalow in a quiet cul-de-sac in the mid-Suffolk village of Bramford, 2 miles from Ipswich.
Well equipped and comfortable, this Bramford cottage enjoys a conservatory overlooking a generous, south-facing garden which is mainly laid to lawn with flower borders, a pergola and garden furniture.
The bedrooms in this Bramford cottage are cosy, the attractive sitting room has a modern electric fire and there is also a small study.
Bramford has a village store, Post Office, newsagent&
8217;s, takeaway and two pubs, both serving food.
Just a 2 mile drive from this Bramford cottage and you are in Ipswich, home of Jimmy&
8217;s Farm as seen on TV, with good shopping, bars and restaurants, museums, galleries, a theatre, cinema, sports centre, and a waterfront marina.
Within easy travelling distance of this Bramford cottage are Framlingham Castle, Constable country, the River Orwell with Alton Water reservoir and Pin Mill, Felixstowe with its pier and amusements or the quieter beaches and nature reserves of the Heritage Coast, and Colchester Zoo.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire. Small study area leading to conservatory with dining area.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, books/DVD/games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Good-sized enclosed garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Great location and spacious property”
- “Well equipped and modern bungalow well sited for Ipswich and Suffolk area. Nothing to much for the owner and everything included within the rental price. We enjoyed our stay and would go back. Recommended.”
- “Excellent holiday cottage - the best equipped place we have stay”
- “(Sorry this is so late, I have been unable to download your page) We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this most comfortable home. It is extremely well equipped, and the owners opposite were very welcoming. There was plenty to see in the area, but the a14 and a12 are very busy roads!! It is not in the best position to get close to the sea - except Felixtowe (Busy!) but we needed a rest, so kept travelling to a fairly short drive each day. We did not explore Ipswich, but enjoyed the villages.”
- “Wonderful stay at Hornbeams”
- “We enjoyed our stay at Hornbeams in Bramford. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. The sun room and back garden were especially nice. The location was perfect for our planned activities for day trips to places such as Bury St.Edmunds and Lavenham, Also, my wife's mother lives in Ipswich and Hornbeams is just a hop and a skip away. The cul de sac was also very peaceful. We highly recommend this property and we plan on a return trip to the UK in a few years and this is where we plan on staying.”
- “Hornbeams - excellent.”
- “The owner gave us good directions and the home was very clean and very well decorated and lovely and had everything we needed. The area is very quiet and close to main towns which is what we wanted. It had a few shops about ten minutes walk away which was ideal. We liked the house very much. The only thing we didn't like was the weather!”
- “A clean, well equipped and well placed home from home”
- “We stayed here in the heatwave which passed for the summer of 2010 and we felt very much at home. We have self catered for many years and can honestly say that this is one of the best properties we have stayed in. The cool, cool floor of the conservatory was very welcome and sitting out in the well tended garden was good when the sun went down. Everything was well thought through by the owners and the small touches, for example wooden coat hangers, were lovely just the sort of things you're used to at home that you don't always find in holiday accommodation”
- “just what we needed in the right place for us.”
- “The accomodation was immaculate and met all our needs as to location and space. The owners live right opposite so any problems are easily solved.It gave me valued time with my cousin who lives nearby.”
- “The bungalow was a "home away from home." The owner was helpful and friendly and I could easily have lived there myself!”
- “It was a very quite place and very comfortable; we felt like it was a home from home.”
- “All that we could have hoped for in a winter holiday home & more, so much so we hope to return in the summer months to appreciate to the full the conservatory & garden. Everybody remarked on how warm & welcoming the bungalow was. Indeed our hosts are to be commended for providing & maintaining the accommodation to such a high standard throughout, & for being so kind & helpful.”
- “Hornbeams is a perfect home from home with everything one could possibly need. The garden is a haven and the conservatory a wonderful bonus. We shall definitely return.”
- “Peaceful location and very quiet. Everything was enjoyable.”
- “We had a wonderful week in Hornbeams. The bungalow was very comfortable, clean and spacious and the owners were very helpful. We would definitely like to return.”
- “An excellent base close to Ipswich. A very comfortable and welcoming bungalow.”
About the location
Ipswich 2 miles.
Bramford is a mid-Suffolk village to the west of Ipswich, sitting to one side of the River Gipping and offering relaxing walks along the river’s former towpaths. The main village street houses traditional Suffolk cottages dating back over four hundred years, a village store, post office, newsagent’s, fish & chip shop, Indian takeaway, two pubs serving meals and the church of St Mary's. A ten minute drive takes you to Ipswich, home of “Jimmy’s Farm” as seen on TV, with an excellent shopping centre and places of interest including Christchurch Mansion, museums, galleries, and the trendy Waterfront marina with wine bars, restaurants and river boat trips. Within a 10 mile radius you will find many pretty villages with places to visit, including Blakenham Wood Gardens, Alton Water Reservoir & Pin Mill, Stonham Barns Craft Centre, NT Sutton Hoo, Flatford Mill and Bridge Cottage. Further afield, visit Lavenham, Long Melford and the Heritage Coast.