- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An end-terrace cottage in the Suffolk village of Holbrook, offering modern amenities in a cosy country cottage setting. Guests will enter this Holbrook cottage into the sitting area, with a dining area next to the kitchen. Off the beautiful Holbrook cottage kitchen is a good-sized shower room with modern fittings. An open flight of stairs leads you to the first floor bedrooms of this Suffolk holiday home. There is a lovely garden to the front of this Holbrook cottage, with a summerhouse and garden furniture, perfect for relaxing after an exciting day out. The area around the Suffolk holiday village of Holbrook has much to offer, including excellent cycle routes and a wealth of public footpaths. At the end of the village, Alton Water, with fishing and sailing, is a great day out from your Holbrook cottage. Further afield, Sutton Hoo, Framlingham Castle and the city of Ipswich are easily accessed from your Suffolk cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and sofa bed.
- Electric panel heaters with underfloor heating on ground floor
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, selection of DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking available in community car park, 1 min walk from property
- Private garden with garden furniture and summerhouse (suitable for bike storage)
- One well-behaved dog welcome.Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 1 min walk, pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Great place very nicely done out”
- “12a East row is a lovely end terrace house. The interior is very nicely decorated and the lovely clean modern kitchen is well equipped. The bed was very comfy(so often the use cheap mattresses) My only criticism is the open plan staircase has no handrail and the garden could be more secure. The neighbour is working on their garden and I'm sure it will be rectified although it needs a side gate to the back of the house. Overall a lovely stay and would stay again.”
- “Goûtez le calme de la campagne anglaise”
- “Holbrook est un charmant village anglais typique au coeur d'une campagne riante et à quelques kilomètres de la côte. On apprécie aussi la présence d'une petit supermarché, d'une poste et d'un pub. Le stationnement gratuit est possible sur le côté du "green" qu'il suffit de traverser à pied pour accéder à l'arrière de la maison. On peut aussi y accéder depuis un passage étroit et charmant qui traverse les jardins des différentes maisons accolées. Le 12A est parfait pour une petite famille de 3 à 4 personnes. Le jardin permet de profiter de l'extérieur. L'aménagement est sobre et de bon goût, plutôt moderne, et l'équipement complet notamment pour la cuisine. Le propriétaire n'étant pas sur place, un numéro de téléphone permet de joindre la personne qui s'occupe de la maison, si nécessaire. Pas d'état des lieux ni à l'entrée ni à la sortie, ce qui peut surprendre lorsqu'on vient de France, ici la confiance semble de mise. Le seul petit bémol serait pour l’isolation phonique entre les maisons mitoyennes : heureusement celle-ci est en bout de bâtiment et le seul voisin est assez discret, mais les bruits et discussions fortes passent facilement la cloison... ça peut surprendre même si ça ne s'est pas avéré dérangeant dans les faits.”
- “A very well presented cottage in a charming Suffolk village with excellent local facilities close by. A good base to explore Suffolk countryside, with very friendly neighbours.”
- “Lovely location, clean and newly refurbished property. Very cosy but modern. Especially appreciated the underfloor heating in the kitchen and bathroom! Key collection was very easy. The owner was friendly when we rang. The living room had a sofa bed and a chair that converted to a bed - great for friends who stayed one evening.”
- “We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay in Holbrook. The house was spotless and everything was of a very high standard, it's also right by all the local amenities. Everything we could have asked for and more.”
- “Lovely cottage, would definitely recommend to others and would definitely stay again if in the area. Beautiful kitchen and bathroom, lovely big garden. It was nice to have a local shop, butchers and pub right on the doorstep too.”
- “The house made an immediate good impression on us and we felt comfortable.”
About the location
Ipswich 6.5 miles.
Holbrook is a pretty village located in a rural part of Constable’s Suffolk. The village has good local amenities including two pubs, a Post Office and a supermarket, and Alton Water reservoir is on the outer edge of the village. Alton Water hosts a variety of interesting waterfowl, especially in winter. Fishing is also available, with beam and pike. Day permits are available in the site’s café and water sports centre, which also provides excellent sailing, windsurfing and diving facilities. For gardeners a visit to Beth Chatto Gardens and the 10 acre gardens of Otley Hall is not to be missed. Sutton Hoo, Framlingham Castle and Long Melford Hall offer a glimpse into life in the past, along with the Museum of East Anglia Life with its woodland and riverside nature trails. Pin Mill on the River Orwell is a great day out. The nearby city of Ipswich offers excellent attractions to visit, as well as shopping, cafés and restaurants.