- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Bentley 2.7 miles. A cosy detached bungalow situated next to the owners' home, in a peaceful 12-acre setting with coarse fishing lakes, between the villages of Bentley and Tattingstone.
This Suffolk cottage overlooks a delightful garden with furniture, perfect for relaxing, and there is seasonal shared use of an outdoor swimming pool.
The sleeping accommodation in this Suffolk cottage is flexible, ensuring couples and friends alike can enjoy their time in this beautiful part of the country.
Relax in the gardens, splash in the pool, enjoy coarse fishing on the well-stocked lakes, or should you prefer to head out there are a wealth of attractions near to this Suffolk cottage.
Just a mile from this Bentley cottage is TV's Jimmy's Farm with animals and a farm shop.
Alton Water reservoir, two miles away, offers watersports and cycle hire, or visit Pin Mill on the River Orwell.
The nearby Dedham Vale offers pretty villages with attractions such as East Bergholt, NT Flatford Mill and Bridge Cottage, and Sir Alfred Munnings Art Museum.
Further afield are Colchester and Ipswich.
A welcoming Suffolk cottage with plenty to see throughout the year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Economy 7 heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Twelve acres of shared gardens with table and chairs
- Shared use with owners of unheated outdoor swimming pool (June to Sept)
- Fishing available at £3 per day by arrangement with owner
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Children aged 8 and over only, due to fishing lake
- Note: Fresh vegetables, free range eggs and logs available to purchase from owner.
- Last minute
- “Really friendly welcome and a lovely setting.”
- “We were made very welcome on arrival and soon settled in to explore the large "garden" an surrounding area. The house is comfortable and quiet and the pool was a bonus...shame it was too cold to go in, but this is England! We took bikes and had several very enjoyable rides taking in places such as Flatford Mill, Shotley and even catching the foot ferry to Harwich. Good pub nearby and a short drive into Ipswich. Altogether a very pleasant stay.”
- “Lovely -Comfortable,spotless, Friendly,great Swimming pool”
- “This was a lovely cottage in Suffolk. The owners are friendly and helpful and made our stay a real pleasure. The cottage was spotless and very comfortable in nice surroundings. An excellent welcome pack too. We used the pool on three hot days -great! There are free-range eggs , veg and honey to buy too. You can walk by the lake and see kingfishers. TV's Jimmy's farm is only a couple of minutes up the road and it is very close to Flatford Mill and DedhamVale, and not far to Aldeburgh -a lovely seaside small town. We really loved Pin Mill by the River Orwell. We also visited the Beth Chatto gardens near Colchester.”
- “The Bungalow was excellent and we could not fault anything. The owners were very nice and extremely helpful. It was in a quiet setting with huge grounds to walk around. We would not hesitate to recommend to others.”
- “This comfortable and spotless cottage also had good proximity to tourist attractions, so the holiday ticked all our personal boxes.The owners were also very friendly and helpful.”
- “This was by far the best accommodation we have stayed in, we could not pick one fault. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The Bungalow was very quiet and peaceful in beautiful surroundings, and was very well equipped. We would most definitely have no problems recommending this property.”
- “Lovely surroundings, we loved the lake and the hosts were very welcoming. We found the vegetable stall very useful. Thoroughly enjoyed our week at The Bungalow.”
- “Peace and tranquillity is what we required! We certainly received this, together with a reception oozing with consideration and kindness.”
- “A welcome pack was totally unexpected and very useful. The beds were extremely comfortable and the place offered utter peace. We were both surprised at how well the bungalow was fitted out; quite the best self catering accommodation we have ever had. The owners couldn't have been more helpful - lovely people. Nothing but praise for the whole set up.”
- “Excellent location with plenty of interesting places to visit nearby. The cottage was well presented and the owners were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this cottage to anybody.”
- “The bungalow was very clean, warm and welcoming. The hosts were really friendly, there if you needed them but never intrusive. Indeed, having such pleasant hosts contributed to the enjoyment of our holiday. The bungalow is in a delightful setting, very quiet and secluded and yet very well located for Essex/Suffolk attractions. We will certainly return.”
- “This was our first cottage holiday and we were very pleased with what we found. The welcome, help and friendliness of the owners was wonderful and made the holiday for us. The cottage was spotless and couldn't be faulted.”
- “We were made to feel so very welcome. It was such a peaceful situation that we left feeling so relaxed and very sorry to have to go. We will most certainly be going back.”
About the location
Ipswich 7.5 miles.
Bentley is a Suffolk village on the edge of Dedham Vale, an ideal location from which to explore both the counties of Essex and Suffolk with their many interesting attractions. Dedham Vale, a conservation area, offers NT Flatford Mill with picturesque river walks, the beautiful village of Nayland, with its wealth of timber framed and thatched cottages, and Dedham with magnificent old buildings and independent shops. The delightful town of Woodbridge has many independent shops, while the archaeological site Sutton Hoo is well worth a visit. Spend a day enjoying the Heritage Coast, visiting Rendlesham Forest, Orford Castle, Snape Maltings, and the delightful seaside town of Aldeburgh. The town of Colchester with a castle and zoo and Ipswich are both within easy travelling distance.