- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Bentley 2.7 miles. A cosy detached bungalow situated next to the owners' home, in a peaceful 12-acre setting with coarse fishing lakes, between the villages of Bentley and Tattingstone.
This Suffolk cottage overlooks a delightful garden with furniture, perfect for relaxing, and there is seasonal shared use of an outdoor swimming pool.
The sleeping accommodation in this Suffolk cottage is flexible, ensuring couples and friends alike can enjoy their time in this beautiful part of the country.
Relax in the gardens, splash in the pool, enjoy coarse fishing on the well-stocked lakes, or should you prefer to head out there are a wealth of attractions near to this Suffolk cottage.
Just a mile from this Bentley cottage is TV's Jimmy's Farm with animals and a farm shop.
Alton Water reservoir, two miles away, offers watersports and cycle hire, or visit Pin Mill on the River Orwell.
The nearby Dedham Vale offers pretty villages with attractions such as East Bergholt, NT Flatford Mill and Bridge Cottage, and Sir Alfred Munnings Art Museum.
Further afield are Colchester and Ipswich.
A welcoming Suffolk cottage with plenty to see throughout the year.
All ground floor. One double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Economy 7 heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Twelve acres of shared gardens with table and chairs
- Shared use with owners of unheated outdoor swimming pool (June to Sept)
- Fishing available at £3 per day by arrangement with owner
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Children aged 8 and over only, due to fishing lake
- Note: Fresh vegetables, free range eggs and logs available to purchase from owner.
About the location
Ipswich 7.5 miles.
Bentley is a Suffolk village on the edge of Dedham Vale, an ideal location from which to explore both the counties of Essex and Suffolk with their many interesting attractions. Dedham Vale, a conservation area, offers NT Flatford Mill with picturesque river walks, the beautiful village of Nayland, with its wealth of timber framed and thatched cottages, and Dedham with magnificent old buildings and independent shops. The delightful town of Woodbridge has many independent shops, while the archaeological site Sutton Hoo is well worth a visit. Spend a day enjoying the Heritage Coast, visiting Rendlesham Forest, Orford Castle, Snape Maltings, and the delightful seaside town of Aldeburgh. The town of Colchester with a castle and zoo and Ipswich are both within easy travelling distance.
- Last minute