- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A very well-presented, bright and spacious detached cottage, in the highland village of Acharacle on the fabulous Ardnamurchan Peninsula.
This Acharacle cottage is set on a family croft in a private location and yet is within easy walking distance to good local facilities.
This Acharacle cottage is ideal for a large family or group of friends who wish to enjoy quality time together in the beautiful West Highlands and embrace the wonderful outdoors and all that it has to offer.
There are six spacious bedrooms in this Acharacle cottage, two with en-suite facilities.
The heart of this lovely Acharacle cottage has to be the contemporary kitchen, with its large farmhouse-style table and chairs and warming woodburning stove making it a relaxed and friendly place to gather for coffee and meals together.
The large comfortable lounge in this Acharacle cottage benefits from the double aspect woodburner, big soft settees and double doors that lead out to the patio area.
There is a second sitting room on the first floor, should guests want to spread out a bit, and the utility/boot room is perfect for storing outdoor clothing and comes complete with drying rack.
A neat lawned private garden surrounds the cottage, and there is a paved patio area with comfortable garden furniture.
Acharacle sits at the western end of Loch Shiel, and the area is rich in wildlife with some fabulous walks and great scenery and makes a perfect holiday location from which to explore the mountains, beaches and history of the area.
Six bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x double with pull-out stacker bed and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x single, 1 x single with pull-out stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, double basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and woodburning stove (double aspect to sitting room). Utility/boot room. Sitting room with woodburning stove (double aspect to kitchen). First floor sitting room (seats 5).
Oil central heating with woodburning stoves. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer with ice-maker, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stoves inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and pushchair on request. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden with patio and furniture. Outside storage with kennel/small shed and larger shed for kayaks/bikes. Three well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 15 mins walk. Note: Mobile phone reception maybe limited.
- Last minute
- “Lovely House”
- “A lovely, cosy and practical house which provided ideal accommodation for our party of three families and one dog to spend a winter break over New Year. Personal touches from the owners (nice soaps in the bathrooms, christmas card for us etc) contributed to the feeling of staying in a family home. The bedrooms were a good size and there was plenty of living space for adults and children to spread out in. A well stocked village shop, hotel nearby and good walks in the surrounding area all made for a great holiday. It was voted by all as definitely a house to which we would be happy to return.”
- “Splendid in every way!”
- “Very well equipped and nicely appointed house. Lovely area, which will need visiting again. Most helpful owner and highly obliging owner relatives nearby. Went with two other families with a total of six chidren aged 9 to 14. Ample rooms and space, indoors and outdoors. Well stocked local shop and, astonishingly by remote highland standards, a garage/tyre fitter in the village that carried our tyre size and fitted one in record time. Highly recommended. Will stay here again when we're next in Ardnamurchan.”
- “The house where we lived was so lovely and spacious that it set the scene for the whole holiday. My family and I were delighted with everything about our holiday the scenery wildlife ect but to be able to return from a days outing to such fantastic accomodation was the icing on the cake. We would most certainly come back again and again.”
- “Had a great weeks holiday at this stunning cottage, thank you so much and we would return again.”
- “Liked the peace & quiet of the area, together with the wonderful scenery. The holiday cottage was "just the job."”
- “I liked the peace and tranquillity of the area. We all felt we had thoroughly chilled out. The scenery and location was perfect and ideally central for visiting surrounding destinations. In particular, the locals were very friendly. The journey there was an experience in itself, the highlight being the drive through majestic Glen Coe was awesome.”
About the location
The village of Acharacle is situated on the west coast of Scotland on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula. The village sits at the western end of Loch Shiel, close to the village of Salen on Loch Sunart. The area is surrounded by wonderful wilderness, and is steeped in history including strong links to the MacDonalds, Lords of the Isles. The village itself has a village store and a small bakery as well as a fish and chip cafe, small hotel with public bar, restaurant and a Post Office close by. Within a short drive there are quality hotels offering good food, and an array of outdoor activities. Why not try some sea-kayaking at Glenuig Inn, who offer full or half day trips into the Sound of Arisaig? Combine this with some bird spotting, with golden and white-tailed eagles nesting close by, or perhaps simply put on your boots and walk some of the wonderful pathways in this area. Ardnamurchan has some lovely sandy beaches just waiting to be found and you can even take a short ferry trip across to the Isle of Mull.