“Still thinking about our wonderful holiday on Skye”Definitely the best equipped holiday cottage we have stayed in - and we have stayed in cottages all over Skye. All the basic needs are covered and some of the luxuries too - like hot water bottles for chilly nights. Very comfortable and homely with a beautiful view. Only complaint was that the house was not really very warm. We had a good week weather-wise, but the temperature was in the 4 - 6 degrees range and we found the house rather cold in the evenings, even with the heating and ...
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Washing machine
A spacious detached house, a few yards from the rocky seashore in the scattered crofting community of Balmaquein which lies midway between Duntulm and Flodigarry on the Isle of Skye.
This delightful property is simple and comfortable, has been decorated and furnished to a good standard, and it provides cosy and welcoming accommodation with lovely views of the Scottish mainland.
The area offers excellent walking and climbing opportunities and is an ideal location for enjoying the peace and tranquillity of the Scottish Highlands.
The main tourist attractions are an easy drive away, while Portree, 25 miles from Balmaquein, offers a fine selection of shops and restaurants.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor family room with 1 double and 1 single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Comfortable sitting room with electric fire.
- Central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV, video, stereo/CD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent from 1st April to 30th September, £20 fuel supplement 1st October to 31st March
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Shop 8 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: Dogs should be kept under control at all times as sheep roam freely
- Note: Parents please note close to rocky shore, dangerous for unsupervised children.
About the location
Balmaquein is a scattered village, with a mix of traditional and modern houses, that lies between Duntulm and Flodigarry in Northeast Skye. Known as Totternish, this area which offers some of the most striking landscapes in Scotland has become a haven for walkers and climbers. Visitor attractions are plentiful, with the Skye Museum of Island Life, Aros centre and Dunvegan castle all within easy reach. Portree, the Islands capital set around its natural harbour, boasts an excellent range of shops, hotels and restaurants while cultural attractions are plentiful.