- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This well-presented detached stone cottage is fabulously located up a farm track, with no direct passing traffic, on a working livestock croft and surrounded by fields of sheep and cattle, in the friendly highland village of Staffin, on the stunning north east coast of the Isle of Skye. Extremely comfortable with great attention to detail, this Skye cottage offers pretty sea views from the garden and boasts the stunning Quiraing mountain range as an impressive backdrop. This charming Skye cottage dates from circa 1890, and is ideal for a couple looking to enjoy the sights and sounds of Skye, including the fabulous surrounding scenery. With deceptively spacious accommodation, the pretty double bedroom in this Skye cottage benefits from a large walk-in wardrobe. The cosy sitting room with its welcoming woodburner provides a perfect space for relaxing, and the well-equipped kitchen with large dining area is great for preparing a tasty supper after a long day. A private garden lies to the front and rear at this Skye cottage, and there is a gravel seating area from which the sea and mountain views can be fully appreciated, perhaps while enjoying a pre-dinner glass of wine. The friendly village of Staffin has good local services, and just a short walk away is the famous Staffin Beach which is not only sandy but if you’re lucky you will find the imprints of dinosaur footprints that walked there 165 million years ago! Skye has something for everyone; the scenery is fabulous, the wildlife is abundant and the locals are friendly. There are many good restaurants and shops throughout the island, and your traditional Skye cottage is a perfect location from which to enjoy your wonderful holiday.
One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Electric heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front patio with furniture, plus rear lawned garden
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 3 miles
- Beach 1 mile
- Note: No children allowed at this property.
- “It was well equipped and dog friendly. Home baking and dog biscuits were a welcome surprise on our arrival. A very peaceful setting with great views.”
- “A lovely cottage set in superb scenery and within easy walking distance to the sea.”
- “Remote location suited us perfectly. So quiet, peaceful and relaxing. Lovely little garden to enjoy too. Close to lots of walks on Trotternish peninsula”
- “The croft was a fantastic place to live in while we were on Skye and the standard of it was far in excess of what we expected or hoped for. The views are not as dramatic as the south of the island with The Cuillins obviously dominating that area but the northern view is far more breathtaking for the beautiful vista from the doorstep. Being able to enjoy the views at home then travel to take in the more dominant stuff was a big bonus for sunny mornings.”
- “A delightful and well presented, well maintained small cottage in a quiet and picturesque location. Very comfortable and easy to access the northern part of the Island underneath the Quiraing escarpment.”
- “Fantastic location, thoughtfully and beautifully presented, friendly information left for us and our dog. Information file for the the island was also very informative. Lovely touch leaving a freshly baked cake and dog biscuits.”
- “The cottage is excellent, home made shortbread was lovely. There were even doggy biscuits and toys for the dog. The scenery is out of this world.”
- “This was a very beautiful cottage and furnished very well! Small touches like home baked shortbread, milk, teabags and coffee in the cottage were a very nice surprise. Looked like it has been renovated recently and was top notch!”
About the location
Portree 17 miles; Kyle of Lochalsh 51 miles.
Occupying a coastal location on the northern half of the Isle of Skye, is the crofting village of Staffin. Overlooking Staffin Bay and Staffin Island, this tranquil village boasts something for everyone, with two restaurants, two shops, a part time opening Post Office, the Staffin Slipway for sailing enthusiasts, the only sandy beach in the north of Skye and plentiful walks along the beach or inland. The town of Portree, the largest on Skye, is 17 miles down the coast and from here, the whole of this wonderful island can be easily reached. A haven for walkers, the fabulous Trotternish Ridge with the famous and majestic Quiraing as its dramatic centrepiece is easily reached from Staffin.