- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful terraced cottage in the centre of the fabulous village of Carbost, on the shores of Loch Harport on the west coast of the Isle of Skye. From the rear of this Carbost cottage there are lovely views over the loch with direct access to it from the lawned garden. This well-presented Skye cottage is ideal for a family or group of friends who appreciate the magnificent scenery and enjoy time together on this famous and mystical island. There are three bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor of this Carbost cottage, whilst downstairs there is a fitted kitchen with external door to the garden and a large, modern sitting/dining room that exudes quality and style. The rear lawned garden at this cottage on the Isle of Skye is an idyllic place to enjoy an early morning coffee whilst looking out across the water to The Cuillin mountain range. The village of Carbost boasts a shop and a lively local inn with good food and great atmosphere, plus it’s also home to the Talisker Distillery, the only distillery on the island. From Carbost, the lovely sandy beach at Glen Brittle is easily accessed and this is also a great place to start a walk up the lower slopes of The Cuillin, where wonderful views await. Skye is a deceptively large island with plenty of indented coastline and friendly crofting villages. It’s rich in wildlife and however busy it becomes in the summer months, there are always quiet and secluded places you can visit. Your Skye cottage is a great base for exploring this superb island.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request), 1 x single with stacker bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire.
Electric night storage heaters with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, Smart TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Enclosed lawned gardens with furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. Note: Direct access from garden to loch, children to be supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “Great Cottage”
- “We stayed here for a week, along with our dog. The cottage is in a great location. The rear garden backs on to Loch Harport, so there are fantastic views. The cottage was neatly presented and spacious inside. There was satellite TV (Freesat from Sky), Netflix on the TV (paid for by the owner) and free Wifi Internet access.”
- “Excellent location and very comfortable cottage. It was a great base for exploring and walking in the Cuillin Hills.”
- “A fab cottage, great situation & views, perfect for getting around Skye. Had a big bath, comfy bed, and was spacious and well equipped. Would use again. There was a lovely pub just a stones throw away.”
- “Absolutely loved our stay. This was by far the most affordable holiday let in the area with 3 bedrooms and it was brilliant. Really comfortable and ideally located. Highly recommend.”
- “The cottage is in a great location with beautiful views and has a distillery right next to it. Also close to the Fairy Pools, which is an amazing site to visit.”
- “Great cottage. Lovely location, the garden backs on to the loch, so there are great views. Inside is well furnished, clean and tidy. The WiFi Internet is a great bonus.”
- “The view from the dining table is marvellous: Loch Harport and the opposite shore provide an always fascinating vista which changes all the time depending on the light, the sun, the clouds. Sailing yachts come and go, stay overnight. The caretaker is very helpful and friendly and can be reached any time. The Old Inn next door offers great food (and great value) and live music on Wednesdays and Fridays. We loved the traditional jam session.”
- “A very clean and comfortable property. The location is beautiful. The owners were very helpful.”
About the location
Portree 18 miles.
Situated on the west coast of the Isle of Skye, the delightful village of Carbost offers uninterrupted views over Loch Harport and is made up of a variety of houses dating from the early 19th century through to the modern day. Best known as the home to one of Scotland's finest distilleries, Talisker, who began producing c1825, the village also offers guided mountain walks and makes a great base from which to explore a variety of Skye attractions. The popular Dunvegan Castle, home to the MacLeod family who have been in residence since the 12th century, is well worth a visit, as are the various museums located in the area, including the Toy Museum at Glendale and the Museum of Island Life at Kilmuir. With interactive exhibitions and forest trails at the award-winning Aros Centre, there is something for the whole family to enjoy in this lovely holiday location.