- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Dunvegan 5 miles. This lovely detached cottage is located in the village of Colbost, just 5 miles from the village of Dunvegan, on the Isle of Skye. Occupying a stunning hillside location, this Skye cottage boasts wonderful views of Loch Dunvegan to the Minch, and on clear days the hills of the Outer Hebrides can be seen. This bright and welcoming Skye cottage is ideal for a family or group of friends who wish to enjoy their time together on this beautiful island. This single-storey Skye cottage offers three bedrooms, a bathroom and a contemporary kitchen with dining area, whilst the sitting room has comfy settees and a woodburning stove, making this room a great place to relax in after a busy day. In the garden at this Skye cottage you will find a stream, along with a seating area, from which you can fully appreciate the views. Within walking distance is the famous Three Chimneys restaurant, which is a fabulous place to enjoy a special meal out, whilst the village of Dunvegan has excellent services and is home to Dunvegan Castle. From this Skye cottage, you may wish to visit Neist Point Lighthouse, climb MacLeod's Tables, visit one of many art galleries in the area, or spend time sea fishing. Throughout the Isle of Skye there is excellent shopping and dining out opportunities, plus the island offers an endless list of things to do and places to see. This delightful cottage provides an ideal base for exploring the Isle of Skye.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double with basin and WC, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Storage area for bikes, canoes etc
- Front lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pub 5 miles
- Coast 10 mins walk
- Note: There is an unfenced stream running through the garden, therefore children need to be supervised at all times.
- Last minute
- “A Tranquil setting”
- “We stayed for One week May 2015. A really lovely location on a hillside over looking Loch Dunvegan . The cottage is located on hillside just about 200 meters up a small lane close by the Famous Three Chimneys restaurant. The View from the cottage are wonderful with Loch Dunvegan and the Coral beach plus The outer hebridean islands all visible from Sitting room and kitchen windows. Inside, Taigh An Tobair is lovely and clean and cosy and comfortable,Kitchen very well equipped , in fact one of the best equipped Kitchens i have had in a cottage rental. Living Room has a wood burning stove which is great to have going in the evening, it adds to the coziness of the cottage . Bedrooms comfortable and of course clean, and a excellent Bathroom with shower or bath, and, in one of the bedrooms is a small en suite toilet . The Cottage is warm, served by central heating and lovely hot water, and on a chilly evening it was so nice to curl up on sofa with a book and enjoy the views and cosy cottage. In the Kitchen A dishwasher , Microwave and toaster Make life easy as does the well equipped utensils. The owners have a good selection of books to read , games for the family and children and lots of leaflets of things to do, Also several leaflets of walks or climbs or hikes for the outdoor fans . We had a really nice stay , even stayed in one day when the weather got the better of us, but no problem we were snug and plenty of reading and even watched a DVD supplied. The Cottage is a real credit to the owners,who were lovely and friendly ,meeting us at the cottage showed us around and left us a loaf of local baked bread , a really nice thought.. A really lovely cottage , look forward to staying again some day . We recommend a visit to Niest point and the Light house and also the Coral beach near Dunvegan plus a visit to Dunvegan Castle . Excellent location , lovely cottage , lots to see and do , thoroughly recommend and it was worth the Long drive from South of England.”
- “The location had great views, and it was an excellent property with good furnishings.”
- “Taigh an Tobair is a lovely cottage, wonderful panoramic views from cottage .”
- “Absolutely lovely cottage, very clean and warm. It was a joy to be in.”
- “The cottage was beautifully decorated and maintained. We had a wonderful stay and would recommend this as an excellent holiday location; the views are outstanding, the people are friendly and there is so much to see and do in the area.”
- “Too many 'likes' to list. Cannot think of one drawback. We love Tigh an Tobair!”
About the location
Portree 22 miles.
The village of Dunvegan is set in the north west of Skye and contains a mixture of traditional stone and modern houses along with a selection of shops and hotels. About a mile from the village is Dunvegan Castle, home to the Clan Macleod, who have continuously occupied the castle since the 13th Century, and are said to have had dealings with the "wee folk" at the Fairy Bridge. Also in the area are the Cuillin Mountains with their fantastic rock forms and pinnacles, which many climbers would put at the top of their list. Other attractions on the Isle are plentiful - visit Portree, the island's only town, set around its natural harbour, which boasts an excellent range of shops, hotels and restaurants, and also offers Sea Eagle trips from the pier, which are extremely popular.