- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A centrally located, traditional Fort William cottage, just a short walk from the town centre and close to excellent outdoor pursuits.
The elevated location of this charming Fort William cottage allows for far-reaching views across the town to the loch and mountains beyond, making this Highlands cottage ideal for a family or group of friends looking to soak up the atmosphere of the Highlands and embrace the wonderful outdoor activities on offer.
There are three bedrooms in this Fort William cottage, one on the ground floor, along with a ground floor bathroom and shower room.
The sitting/dining room is a sociable space with a large open fire, while a very well-equipped, fitted kitchen is also available to guests.
Outside this Fort William cottage there is a small mature garden, along with ample space for off road parking.
The town centre of Fort William is within easy walking distance and here you will find good shops, lively pubs and restaurants.
The town is a great base for touring the larger area and if you head south you may enjoy a trip into historic Glencoe with its fabulous visitor centre, or perhaps you could take the Corran Ferry and visit the stunning Ardnamurchan Peninsula with its beautiful sandy beaches.
There is so much within an easy drive, but why not abandon the car and take the pathway close to the cottage, which will lead you into spectacular Glen Nevis.
You will love this area and the comfort of your homely Fort William cottage just as much.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref 18920, together they sleep 10.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Electric heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “I couldn't of wished for a more lovely place to call home on my adventure in the highlands of Scotland. On the edge of Cow hill it offers an excellent base for all the local attractions. I will hopefully be back to explore all Fort William, Glen Nevis and Glen Coe has to offer. As for the property itself a warm welcone was extended on our day of arrival by the owner who allowed early entry to the property (most welcome after 10 hours of car journey :-(), the views of Loch Linhe are beautiful from the windows and the space the cottage has is brilliant. The position of the property was perfect for my planned climb of Ben Nevis and the bath, which isa lovely size, is perfect for a soak after stomping about all day. Recommended with bells on! And the shortbread .... mmmmm”
- “Good central position comfortable holiday home.”
- “Good size 3 bedroom holiday home. 5 minutes walk into Fort William/Railway Station/Morrisons supermarket. Everything you could need for self catering. Warm and comfortable. Showers were very weak and a little bit of TLC needed in the Lounge and Garden, but would return again if in the area. Milk and homemade shortbread left on arrival which was a nice touch.”
- “Absolutely fabulous. It was like coming home; very comfy, cosy and very clean.”
- “The cottage was in a great location, close to anything we needed. We were very comfortable in the cottage which helped with our enjoyment of our holiday. The views were fantastic. We love Scotland, not even the weather, which was very changeable, could put us off.”
- “An excellent property; no faults at all. Have already booked for next year, which will be the 3rd year running - fabulous.”
- “The location of the property was perfect for exploring Fort William and not too far from Oban and Loch Ness. Outstanding views, just beautiful!”
- “The Cottage was very clean, spacious, comfortable and well equipped. We felt very welcomed.”
About the location
Ben Nevis 2 miles; Glencoe 16 miles; Kinlochleven 22 miles.
The main town in the Western Highlands, Fort William lies on the banks of Loch Linnhe, and offers a wide variety of shops, and pubs which serve a fine selection of meals. The area boasts spectacular scenery and a plethora of walking opportunities, from gentle ambles to more strenuous expeditions, and of course, Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Ski enthusiasts will also enjoy the Nevis Range, a ski resort with a mountain gondola, along with a World Cup mountain biking course located just four miles from Fort William. For a more relaxing break, why not take a tour of the Ben Nevis Whisky Distillery, or visit the Glenfinnan Monument? An ideal location for exploring the best of the breathtaking West Highlands.