- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A modern, detached holiday cottage with magnificent views over the Sound of Arisaig, in a fantastic position in the heart of the tiny coastal village of Glenuig, next door to the pub and just 100 yards from the community shop, church and village hall.
The waves of the safe and sheltered sandy bay lap just a stone's throw from the garden fence of this charming holiday cottage, and the cosy accommodation, including a woodburner in the sitting room, welcomes you back after a day spent enjoying the wildlife, peace and tranquillity of the area.
Local activities include walking, fishing, golf, watersports and birdwatching.
Frequent sightings of wildlife include otters, deer, eagles and even the occasional porpoise.
A superb cottage, the ideal spot for a restful, peaceful retreat.
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Electric night storage heaters with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large enclosed garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome (not allowed in bedrooms)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Check-out 10am
- Note: There are a few steps to access the property
- Note: Internet availability for Glenuig is only available at the community shop, Broadband is limited in the area but 3G/4G generally works efficiently
About the location
Lochailort 8 miles; Acharacle 11 miles.
Glenuig village looks west across the Sound of Arisaig towards the small Isles of Eigg, Muck, Rum and Canna. The Sound of Arisaig is a Marine Conservation Area, home to maerl (a type of seaweed only found in unpolluted waters) and other fascinating flora and fauna. A tiny community of just over thirty folk, Glenuig is located in the Parish of Moidart in remote West Lochaber - including the neighbouring settlements of Samalaman and Alt Ruadh, Glenuig contains 21 houses in permanent occupation plus four holiday homes. Perfect to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.