“Lovely, cozy athmosphere. We loved ...”Lovely, cozy athmosphere. We loved sitting in front of the fire, enjoying a good scotch single malt. Very good and detailled information about the location, the environment and possible activities.
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A traditional, stone-built Kilmaluag cottage, located at the northern tip of the Isle of Skye in the small township of Kendram.
Boasting open and widespread views across The Minch, this charming cottage is the ideal place for a rural getaway.
Wood panelled walls, wooden flooring and open fires make the cottage cosy, and with excellent walking and climbing opportunities available from the doorstep, and wildlife and birds to spot, this is the ideal cottage to return to after a busy day exploring all the Isle of Skye has to offer.
Whether revelling in the peace and tranquillity of the countryside, curling up in front of the fire, or relaxing in the garden, this cottage makes a perfect base all year round.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room with open fire. Sitting room with open fire.
- Electric storage heaters and open fires on ground floor, panel heaters in the twin and double bedrooms
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking for 1 car with additional parking nearby
- Lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, hotel/pub 2 miles (seasonal opening)
- Coast 0.5 miles
- Note: There is an electric meter at the property but it can be topped up by using the same £1 coin.
About the location
Staffin 5 miles; Portree 23 miles.
Situated on the northern tip of the Isle of Skye, Kendram is a small township in the village of Kilmaluag, surrounded by stunning scenery and fantastic walking opportunities. An area of breathtaking natural beauty, Kendram is home to an abundance of wildlife, perfect for keen birdwatchers, while nearby, you may even catch a glimpse of a whale. At the northernmost point of Skye lies Rubha Hunish; famous for its outstanding beauty, it is perfect for walkers, offering a variety of terrain, and is known as the best walk on the island for seabird and mammal watching. A short drive away lies the village of Uig, home to the ferry terminal connecting Skye to the Outer Hebrides. Spend a day exploring the dozens of beautiful islands, and maybe even see a puffin colony. A wonderful location, perfect for all the family to enjoy.