- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Portree 6.5 miles.
A very pretty stone cottage standing in private, lawned gardens, on the magical Isle of Skye.
This Skye cottage enjoys lovely westerly views that stretch over Loch Snizort to the surrounding hills, and with the River Haultin flowing less than 100 yards away, this is a tranquil setting for couples and small families to base themselves for a wonderful Skye holiday.
Bright and well-presented, this Skye cottage offers typical cottage style accommodation.
The sitting room is very comfortable, with the window offering direct views out to the beautiful waters of the loch.
The well-equipped kitchen at this Skye cottage has a small dining area and an external door offering direct access to the pretty lawns.
The garden encloses this cottage near Portree, and is neat and tidy with a well-placed bench for enjoying a quiet morning coffee whilst relaxing in the peaceful surroundings and getting lost in the beautiful views.
The capital town of Portree is a short drive from this quaint cottage on the Isle of Skye, offering great facilities for shopping and dining, as well as an attractive harbour lined with pretty, pastel coloured buildings that flicker their reflections in the water.
Skye is bursting with wonderful walks and a diverse range of wildlife, so have your camera at the ready to capture the enchanted scenery.
A visit to the famous Dunvegan Castle is a must, and once there you can take the boat trip to Seal Island, walk alongside the hilly coastline or beside the crystal waters on the famous Coral Beaches.
You will love your Isle of Skye holiday, and never forget time spent at this cottage near Portree.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Enclosed, lawned garden with bench
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 6.5 miles, pub 2.5 miles
- Note: There are sloping ceilings in the bedrooms with restricted head room.
- Last minute
- “Quaint little cottage in the pictersque isle of skye. well furnished and equipped to cater to every need. My 5year old niece wondered if little elves and fairies lived there. A little away from portree so advisable to have your own car. A very comfortable stay,/”
- “This cottage was well equipped and very cosy. We spent three very relaxing days even though the weather was against us, it is just such a stunning island, with such friendly people.”
- “It was excellent, the cottage, the location. It was a brilliant holiday.”
- “Bridge Cottage was a proper home from home with everything you would ever need, and in beautiful surroundings.”
- “A lovely cosy cottage with everything we needed. We would book again.”
- “Beautiful cottage in a perfect location, so cosy and peaceful.”
- “The cottage was snug and warm to return to after a day out in wild Skye conditions. It is in a lovely position overlooking the Loch, and fairly central for exploring the northern half of the island.”
- “The cottage is perfect for a relaxing holiday on Skye. It is well equipped and lovely decorated - a real home from home, and is perfectly located for exploring Skye. It is close to Portree shops, pubs and restaurants and has a beautiful view of the nearby loch. We, and our little Westie, had a wonderful time.”
- “My holiday at Bridge Cottage was perfect! The place is warm and very cosy. Loved it.”
- “Fantastic setting, great location for exploring Skye. The cottage is adorable - well done and thank you!”
- “Wonderful cottage in a perfect location for our holiday activities. The weather for us was good with only the odd shower of rain, all the places we wanted to visit were within easy reach of the cottage including Dinosaur footprints on Staffin Beach, Kilt Rock, a walk on the Quiraing, Neist Point Lighthouse, Syke Museum of Island Life and best not forget a treat for the Fairies at Fairy Glen.”
- “The location, the views, the picture box styling, it's condition inside , furnishing and general decor. The garden was just the right size, even the grass was cut when we were there, you could play bowls on it. It is a credit to the owners that this is a first class property, the pictures in the blurb do not do it justice. Also we had the most fantastic weather for the whole week, baring about an hour of the Monday. Distance of 6 miles to Portree made calling in for things was a five minutes drive down the road. As we were unpacking to go in, the owners daughter arrived with milk, fudge, a pen and extra loo rolls. Everything was catered for. As in what we did not like -coming home! It was made more special as we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there. Truly a magical beautiful home. Thank you for allowing us it's use.”
- “Skye is surprisingly big and the cottage served as an excellent base, also the weather was very good which makes a difference.”
About the location
Fort William 108 miles; Inverness 113 miles.
Set round its natural harbour on the stunning and tranquil Isle of Skye, charming Portree boasts an excellent range of shops, hotels and restaurants. Cultural attractions are plentiful; the Aros Centre is well worth a visit with its programme of concerts, theatre and cinema. Sports enthusiasts are also well catered for, with sea kayaking, rock-climbing and a good choice of well-marked walks. The rock formations are particularly spectacular; Trotternish Ridge stretches for 31km of continuous cliffs, with many fantastic rock forms and pinnacles. Dunvegan Castle and the Talisker Distillery Visitor Centre are just two more reasons to visit this magical isle.