- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Washing machine
Dunvegan 8 miles. Spectacularly located on the shore of Loch Greshornish, this first floor apartment in a refurbished boathouse offers breathtaking views across the loch and the stunning Skye mountains. With its rural waterside setting, this Isle of Skye self-catering apartment is the ideal place from which to explore this mystical island. This self-catering apartment on Skye is situated above the boathouse itself, with direct access to the water. The sitting room boasts a woodburning stove and a lovely view across the loch from the gable end window - keep your eyes open for passing seals! A double bedroom and bathroom complete this cosy Isle of Skye self-catering accommodation. Edinbane village, 4.5 miles away, offers a village shop, hotel and pottery shop, while Dunvegan, just a few miles further on from your Isle of Skye self-catering apartment, is the main village in the area and boasts hotels, shops and restaurants. After a visit to Dunvegan Castle you must take the boat trip to see the seals basking on a nearby island. Skye offers breathtaking scenery, spectacular walking and an abundance of wildlife. This is truly an ideal Skye self-catering apartment and location for a tranquil holiday.
All first floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, woodburning stove and single sofa bed.
- Electric storage heaters with wall-mounted electric panel heater and woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, fridge/freezer, washing machine, portable TV (no signal, for playing videos and DVDs only), DVD player, selection of videos and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Hotel with restaurant 5 mins walk (seasonal, check opening times, booking essential)
- Pub and shop 4.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Secluded accomodation in a pictureque spot.”
- “Lovely spot, very relaxing with no internet or phone signal. Magic”
- “The view from the front window at Greshornish Boathouse was just fantastic. It was so calming and soothing gazing across the Loch and witnessing the vast wildlife come and go as they please. The Boathouse was a wonderful place to stay for our first visit to Skye. Very reasonably priced and plenty of walks within a half hour drive. Lovely to take our golden retriever with us to this beautiful place. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone.”
- “Brilliant boathouse accommodation in a beautiful setting. Loved the picture window looking out onto the loch.”
- “The location was perfect, the window looking out over the loch was stunning and kept our dog enraptured. It was peaceful and private yet not completely remote. Loved being at the end of the road, a good place to get away from the hassle of modern living with no phones or internet.”
- “Hours were spent looking out at the wonderful sea views from the main window - with the cosy crackling of the wood burner in the background. Grateful for the abundance of information about local walks and recommendations for things to do in the local area. Very comfortable bed too!”
- “We loved Greshornish Boathouse - it was exactly the kind of place we love to stay in; cosy and a little bit different. The views from the living room were amazing and it was wonderfully quiet and relaxing. We would love to go back for a longer stay some time. It was great to be able to bring our dogs too.”
- “The Cottage was cosy and comfortable and well situated with some lovely walks right on the doorstep for the dog and a great base for touring the North West of Skye. I would definitely recommend for a quiet and relaxing holiday”
- “Idyllic location and well-equipped, pretty cottage which was a good base from which to visit all other areas of the island. There was a good selection of books and DVDs. The multi-fuel stove made it very snug and the supply of fuel was generous.”
About the location
Portree 22 miles.
The village of Dunvegan is set in the north west of Skye and contains a mixture of traditional stone and modern houses, along with a selection of shops and hotels. About a mile from the village is Dunvegan Castle, home to the Clan MacLeod, who have continuously occupied the castle since the 13th century. Only four miles away is the famous Three Chimneys Restaurant, a must for all foodies, and just a 10 minute walk away is the very popular Old School Restaurant, also worth a visit. Also in the area are the Cullin Mountains with their fantastic rock forms and pinnacles, which many climbers would put at the top of their list. Other attractions on the Isle are plentiful - visit the Talisker Distillery or Portree, the island’s only town, set around its natural harbour, which boasts an excellent range of shops, hotels and restaurants, and also offers Sea Eagle trips from the pier, which are extremely popular.