- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Dunvegan 5 miles. This traditional semi-detached stone cottage on the Isle of Skye is in a truly peaceful setting in Greshornish, 2 miles from Edinbane, commanding stunning views over Loch Greshornish and the surrounding hills and glens. Set on a 2500-acre working livestock farm, this Skye cottage has been restored to provide well-equipped and comfortable accommodation for all guests. Outdoor and fishing enthusiasts at this Skye cottage will enjoy taking advantage of the traditional wooden boats available for use on nearby Loch na Stapaig (Apr to Sep) - the owner's private loch which is well stocked with brown trout. Guests are also welcome to try their hand at fly fishing for wild salmon in the Red Burn river. The area surrounding this Skye cottage has much to offer in the way of wildlife; take a look out of the window to catch a glimpse of the renowned sea eagle or take a two minute stroll to the seashore to spot the elusive sea otter. This charming Skye cottage retreat provides an ideal base from which to experience the local Gaidhlig culture and discover Skye's many visitor attractions, walk the hills, explore the spectacular coastline or simply relax and unwind in the tranquillity of the surroundings. Note: This property is opposite Ref. 11384 and together they can accommodate 9 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Electric storage heaters with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV/DVD with Freeview, selection of books/games/DVDs
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large garden
- Two pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles
- Pub and restaurant 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “A Happy Return”
- “We had stayed in this cottage many years ago and loved the area, in later years we have stayed in Ghillie's cottage and love it's situation and seclusion. Keeper's cottage was a very acceptable alternative with great views, also it's very quiet as there's so little traffic going past.We think it's perfect for two people, but would be a bit of a squeeze for four, especially when the table is in use.My husband especially enjoys the freedom to fish and I relish the quiet and the views. The amenities were all as advertised and were no problem at all. The cottage is nicely placed to allow discovery of the whole island. We would definateley return.”
- “Lovely cottage in a beautiful location.”
- “This cottage is excellent, you could go and live in it without buying anything an excellent standard throughout, it was spotless when we went in and the scenery is spectacular. We had a wonderful holiday. Thank you Katie.”
- “Lovely location, great views - always had a nice warm house to go back to to after a rainy day out!”
About the location
Portree 22 miles.
The village of Dunvegan is set in the north west of Skye and contains a mixture of traditional stone and modern houses, along with a selection of shops and hotels. About a mile from the village is Dunvegan Castle, home to the Clan MacLeod, who have continuously occupied the castle since the 13th century. Only four miles away is the famous Three Chimneys Restaurant, a must for all foodies, and just a 10 minute walk away is the very popular Old School Restaurant, also worth a visit. Also in the area are the Cullin Mountains with their fantastic rock forms and pinnacles, which many climbers would put at the top of their list. Other attractions on the Isle are plentiful - visit the Talisker Distillery or Portree, the island’s only town, set around its natural harbour, which boasts an excellent range of shops, hotels and restaurants, and also offers Sea Eagle trips from the pier, which are extremely popular.