- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A well-presented, stone-built, semi-detached house on the shores of Loch Duich, once the school house for the village school next door which is now the owner's home.
This superb Loch Duich cottage is very private, with its own lovely gardens, and is literally a few paces from the waters of this beautiful loch, with stunningviews across to world-famous Eilean Donan Castle and surrounding mountains.
This Loch Duich cottage is ideal for those who want to savour the fantastic tranquillity and unspoilt beauty of this area, and is an excellent base for exploring the Highlands.
Well-appointed throughout, this Loch Duich cottage has cosy, comfortable family accommodation.
The immaculately kept garden has a picnic bench, and is a very private spot for relaxation.
Just seconds from this Loch Duich cottage is the shoreline of the loch, with its pretty little sailing boats and dinghies, and launching facilities are available.
A short drive will bring you around the side of the loch and into Dornie, where a visit to the castle and visitors' centre is a must.
This whole area is fabulous to explore, and you may continue to Kyle of Lochalsh and cross the bridge over the sea to Skye, or perhaps take a trip to the village of Plockton.
There are boat trips, cycle paths, mountains to climb, wildlife to see and much much more.
You will certainly enjoy your holiday beside the loch!
Three bedrooms: 1 x twin, 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Laundry room. Dining room. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Night storage heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Sky, DVD, video, CD, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned gardens with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 12 miles
- Pub and restaurant 5 miles.
- “Beautiful place”
- “We had three weeks with our dog at the Old School House in Letterfearn. It is a very comfortable house in a beautiful location. The owner who lives next door is very kind and helpful, there were flowers and chocs there for our arrival. The garden is full of birds and we were visited most evenings by a pine martin!”
- “We stayed in this property 4 times during the 1980's, until our family became too large for the accommodation. This was our first return since then, and the experience lived up fully to our expectations. The property had been upgraded substantially and was very comfortable. The views and the quiet of Letterfearn remain unchanged. If you are looking for an escape from the stresses of the modern world this is the place to go.”
- “Lovely setting, a perfect get away from the rat race. It is quiet and well off of the busy roads.”
- “A comfortable, clean and warm place to stay amidst stunning scenery.”
- “The people were very welcoming and the house was in a good location for visiting places. The view was very good, it was a good place to go fishing and it was not far from the Eilean Donan Castle.”
- “A wonderful stay in a beautiful setting. A particularly hospitable host.”
- “The cottage was comfortable and homely. The owners made us feel most welcome but were not intrusive. The flowers and chocolates were a lovely gesture and the location is wonderful.”
- “We go back year after year. Fantastic- the house,area,owners all brilliant. Weather was great for us this year. Great relaxing holiday.”
About the location
Dornie 12 miles.
Letterfearn is a tiny village on the western shores of Loch Duich, amidst stunning scenery in the Scottish Highlands. From Letterfearn guests can explore the Isle of Skye, Kyle of Lochalsh, Eilean Donan Castle and much more. The area is brimming with spectacular scenery, wonderful walking trails and plentiful wildlife, making it a great base for a Scottish break. Sailing on Loch Duich, boat trips and cycle paths or quiet strolls under the palm trees at Plockton can all be enjoyed from this quiet Scottish village.