- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Aultbea 3 miles. This neat detached cottage occupies an elevated position in the scattered coastal community of Mellon Charles, in the peaceful Wester Ross region, on the north east shore of Loch Ewe. This Aultbea cottage is ideal for a small family or two couples looking to explore this fabulous area. This Highland cottage has two bedrooms, both with their own en-suite facilities, while the open plan living area is spacious and bright, with large windows allowing you to fully appreciate the stunning views and rugged scenery. The fitted kitchen is very well equipped and boasts a breakfast bar for casual dining, and there is a dining area for enjoying each other's company as you make the most of a leisurely meal. To the front of this Aultbea cottage there is a lawn and patio area with furniture, and is a fabulous place to simplysit and relax or enjoy an alfresco meal on a summer's day - perhaps even indulge in some delicious smoked salmon from the nearby Isle of Ewe Smokehouse. The friendly crofting hamlet of Mellon Charles boasts its own unique perfume studio making perfumes and soaps which are sold in their gift shop, and it also has a friendly cafe serving delicious home made food. There are lots of pretty villages along this stunning coastline and Aultbea is just 3 miles away where you can shop and dine out. If you fancy some whale and dolphin spotting there are boat trips from Gairloch Harbour, and wonderful opportunities for bagging a few munros if you are feeling very energetic! No matter what you choose to do on your holiday, this delightful Aultbea cottage makes an ideal base.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Utility.
Electric night storage heaters with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lawned front garden with patio and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles. Coast 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “A wonderful cottage, a home from home with breathtaking views that changed by the hour. There were lovely walks from the cottage and a beach to explore, what more could you want in a holiday home! We had a beautiful relaxing time.”
- “Excellent accommodation, with beautiful breathtaking scenery and a good choice of good value eateries and friendly people every stop.”
- “The bungalow was lovely, very clean. The location for us was perfect.”
- “The cottage was well equipped, comfortable and clean.”
- “The cottage was at a very high standard for a holiday let, and had everything you needed, from in the bedroom, bathroom, living and kitchen areas. All the crockery, cutlery and saucepans were all matching and at a very high standard. Everything you needed and more. High praise to the owners.”
- “Liked the views & wildlife. The property was clean, cosy and felt like home.”
- “A quiet location and a good centre for exploring the area. There was plenty of choice of eating places within reach. The bungalow was very comfortable, light and warm.”
- “The quality and comfortable accommodation with superb views in an unspoilt location. Much to see and do in the region.”
- “Hosts where very welcoming and helpful. Views from the bungalow where amazing and in a good area for exploring.”
About the location
Ullapool 44 miles; Dingwall 65 miles; Inverness 76 miles.
The Wester Ross village of Aultbea is situated on the shores of beautiful Loch Ewe and is perfectly located for exploring the north-west Highlands. The area is rich in attractions, with the renowned National Trust Inverewe Gardens full of exotic plants, just 6 miles away. Beautiful Gruinard Bay, with its striking red sandy beaches and a backdrop of spectacular mountains, is nearby. The village itself has two local shops and one hotels. Stroll along the beaches, study the bird life or simply relax and watch out for seals, otters and other wildlife - this truly is the perfect base for a relaxing holiday!