- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Uig 5 miles.
A stunningly refurbished stone cottage, on a working livestock croft in a beautiful Highland glen surrounded by mountains, 5 miles from Uig on the Isle of Skye.
This desirable Skye cottage has been lovingly restored to provide a traditional Highlands home with a contemporary finish.
From its slightly elevated position, this cottage on Skye offers views over the glen and river, with the mountains of the Trotternish Ridge forming a dramatic backdrop.
Ideally suited to a family or group of friends, this Skye cottage has excellent facilities.
The big entrance porch is ideal for leaving your wet coats and boots, perhaps after a day walking the ridge?
The hall area is open through to the cosy sitting room with woodburner and also on the ground floor is a bedroom with adult bunks, a shower room and kitchen/dining room.
The upper floor of this Skye cottage has another spacious shower room as well as a double bedroom and king-size double bedroom with single sofa bed, providing extra sleeping space if required.
The area around your cottage on Skye is one of great natural beauty, with an abundance of wildlife, including the eagles which can be seen flying overhead regularly.
The pretty village of Uig is a short drive away and offers excellent facilities as well as being the ferry terminal for the Outer Hebrides.
There is so much to do and see on the magical Isle of Skye and having a Skye cottage providing such utter comfort will ensure your holiday is absolutely fabulous!
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor adult bunks, 1 x double, 1 x king-size double with additional single sofa bed. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6). Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Five burner gas range with double electric ovens, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, shared use of tumble dryer in owners' utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games, DVDs etc. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate. Ample off road parking. Bike storage. Enclosed lawned garden to front and rear with furniture and BBQ. Three well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 5 miles. River 3 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “We loved this cottage. Well worth the 8 hour drive. Lovely owners who helped when asked and couldn't do enough for us. The Isle of Syke is a beautiful place with so many stunning places to visit. Gordon let us use some of the land to comfortably walk our dog off lead away from cattle. We appreciated that. A little word of warning the National Lottery funded walk across the river is great BUT please watch out for the 3 cows through the second gate! In summary we had a relaxing week but Gordon please sort out those noisy pipes from the log burner!”
- “Our first trip to the Isle of Skye and we couldn't have found a more perfect place to stay. Very welcoming hosts Gordon and Margaret who have paid considerable attention to detail to ensure guests enjoy their cottage experience. Loved the woodburner in the evenings, watching the lambs playing outside and the stunning views. If you are thinkng of booking we highly recommend you do. If you want a remote and relaxing location you have found it.”
- “Cosy, well-presented cottage”
- “Trotternish cottage was well presented and decorated. It was warm and cosy on arrival, with the log fire prepared and ready to light. The owner met us at the door and was friendly and helpful. All appliances worked perfectly, and the wood burning stove was fantastic - we stuck on one large log and it kept the house warm all evening with no further coaxing required! Lovely, comfy beds too!! The cottage is in a peaceful location, well situated for visiting Uig, Portree and Dunvegan etc. There is a pretty garden, which would be ideal for a barbecue (provided) in good weather. If you like cats, there are some friendly ones on the farm that will come into the garden and socialise if invited! It should be noted that there is no mobile phone coverage at the house, though there is a phonebox down the street. If you want to get away from the rat race, this is a great place to stay. We had a great time, thanks!”
- “peaceful comfortable accommodations with warm helpful hosts”
- “Helpful on-site owners. Clean, comfortable house with appliances that worked well.2 bathrooms were a boon. Good beds. Quiet,cul de sac. Traditional house nicely renovated.”
- “I have already recommended this property, and destination to friends at work. We had a really lovely holiday, and would stay there again.”
- “The owners made us feel extremely welcome. They had gone out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed. The location of the Cottage was idyllic.”
- “This was a beautiful cottage, well off the beaten path. It is well appointed, and the owners were really lovely and kind.”
- “Had a lovely welcome, all home comforts and a really relaxed atmosphere. Thoughtfully left to our own devices with absolute privacy in the knowledge that there was always someone on call should any difficulties arise (which they didn't). Stunning scenery and lucky for us, beautiful weather. Perfect break!”
- “Wonderful cottage, location and owners.”
- “The hosts were very welcoming and helpful - they went the extra mile to help make our holiday enjoyable and nothing was too much trouble. The Cottage is beautiful, with a very efficient log burner and excellent facilities. It is ideally suited to exploring the Misty Isle, which has some of the most breathtaking scenery we have ever visited. Everything about the Cottage and our hosts were excellent!”
- “The house met our needs in every way being comfortable, clean and with a bonny, welcoming air. Its position was perfect for visiting the Island and yet away from traffic noise, and we were within walking distance of the most perfect spot for river bathing that we have ever encountered. And importantly, the owners who lived next door were friendly and helpful to us, our dog (who loved meeting their cats and dogs) and our three children who were encouraged to roam and explore. I couldn't recommend this place enough.”
- “The cottage was everything you could ask for when wanting to get away from the city; outstanding scenery, great people and the cottage interior was just perfect. Both the dogs and I loved and enjoyed wandering around the vast land that surrounds the cottage.”
About the location
Portree 14 miles.
The village of Uig (pronounced "oo-ig"), at the northern tip of Skye, rests on the shores of Loch Snizort, Skye’s largest sea loch off the Atlantic. The village boasts two pubs, two shops, a hotel, a filling station and cafe, as well as two other businesses well-worth a visit. Uig Pottery sells a range of high quality pottery produced on-site, while the Skye Brewery sells its own superb real ales from the brewery shop. Sheltered by high ballistic cliffs, the bay is one of the most beautiful in Skye, and is home to the ferry crossing to the Western Isles. Wildlife in the area includes golden eagles, sea eagles, puffins, pilot whales, seals and dolphins. The attractions of the Isle, including the main town of Portree, are all within easy reach of this tranquil base.