- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Kilchoan 5 miles.
This very comfortable and hi-spec log cabin has been tastefully furnished and lovingly equipped to provide every possible comfort for visitors to this beautiful and remote part of the Scottish Highlands.
Situated in a small and friendly hamlet on the owner's croft, this Highlands cottage would suit a couple who want to embrace the tranquillity and beauty of the area.
The accommodation in this Highlands cottage is all on one level, and is bright and airy with a spacious double bedroom situated just off the stunning open plan living area.
A sofa bed in the sitting area provides flexibility for guests, and double doors lead out onto a fabulous veranda with settee and seating areas, ideal for watching the eagles soaring overhead and soaking up the sea and mountain views.
A quiet single track road leads down from your Highlands cottage to Sanna Beach, a big stretch of quiet golden sand with clean blue sea for swimming in.
The village of Kilchoan provides good local services as does nearby Tobermory on the Isle of Mull.
The whole area is great for exploring and would suit walkers and cyclists but it is doubtful that guests will want to stray far from this wonderful Highlands cottage and fabulous location.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed for flexibility.
- Air to air electric remote control heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, selection of books and games, WiFi, payphone
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Decked veranda with settee and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 miles
- Beach 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Unique location”
- “If you are looking for somewhere remote, tranquil (apart from the occasonal howling gale) surrounded by a ring of rocks formed from an extinct volvano this is the place for you. The setting and atmosphere are unquie. The log cabin is exceptionally well appointed and we wanted for nothing.”
- “Cant wait to go back!”
- “We went to celebrate our daughters 3rd birthday - and spend some quite together. We had the most wonderful time. The owner of the cabin is lovely, and easy to contact should you need anything. We arrived after a long drive, and the cabin was so welcoming. Lovely and warm, everything there you could need. The location is perfect to visit places you couldn't do in a day - for example the ferry to Tobermory is 10 min drive, you have the most western point of main land Britain a short drive away. You are 5 minutes drive from one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in Britain. There is a local general store not too far, and the local people were lovely. The position of the cabin gives you the most wonderful view. We were so sad leaving, and are already trying to figure out when we can go back!”
- “Stunning location”
- “We stayed here in some terrible weather but the cabin was cosy and comfortable. Fortunately it was equipped for loss of power as it went out due to high winds which also caused the satellite dish to be blown around. Which was a shame,because it was impossible to go out and watching TV would have passed some time That being said we had a good time and perhaps coming later in the year would have been advisable to really appreciate the wonderful scenery in this remote part of Scotland.”
- “We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Craigard. It was a lovely, peaceful cabin situated in a breathtaking location. We were very happy there and the property was exactly as described on the website. The owner was very friendly and helpful. Many thanks for this holiday!”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Craigard. The cottage was lovely and in a superb location. All the information was clear and the booking process was smooth and unfussy. This holiday was our honeymoon holiday so we wanted everything to be just so. You didn't let us down - thank you Sykes Cottages.”
- “The log cabin was fantastic, with views over to the isles of Rum and Eigg. Sheep and Highland Cattle were grazing at your front door and it was peaceful and tranquil. Would highly recommend this holiday.”
- “It was a little patch of heaven. Had a warm welcome from the owner and there was beautiful scenery from every window. A lovely warm cosy, comfy, clean cabin with a view of the sea and its white clean beach and emerald green sea. The antics of the animals which just ambled along the track and even the single track road, around every corner there was something special to see.”
- “The owner is a lovely lady and made us feel very welcome. The cabin is superb with everything you could need on your holiday. It was cosy warm and dry with fantastic views. Hopefully we will make a return visit next year.”
- “Craigard is a lovely chalet in a beautiful location. I loved its proximity to a wonderful beach and its general surroundings. The accommodation was very comfortable with beautiful views from each window.”
- “The chalet was well equipped and comfortable. Very warm with a really comfy bed.”
- “The location was exceptional, with beautiful scenery. The silence was wonderful and the sheep neighbours were an added bonus.”
- “The location is stunning and the tranquillity was just what we needed for our short break. The beach was one of the most beautiful I have seen, great for walks and peace and quiet. The cabin has everything you could think of and extremely cosy.”
- “Great location, great holiday and the owner was fantastic. Thank you!”
- “Excellent cottage which was well appointed. Contact with the owner was good, very welcoming. It was peaceful and quiet! Would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting to just - GET AWAY!”
- “Lovely lodge - was very welcoming, felt at home. Lovely location. Very relaxed.”
About the location
Tobermory 7 miles (via ferry).
The pretty village of Kilchoan is the most westerly village in mainland Britain, situated on the stunning Ardnamurchan Peninsula and surrounded by magnificent mountains and breathtaking coastal views. The area close to Kilchoan offers a choice of quiet sandy beaches and an abundance of wildlife with eagles regularly spotted overhead. Until 1900 the village was only accessible by sea, but now access is via a single track road that leads through some of the most beautiful scenery in Scotland. The village has good local services including a shop, pub and restaurant, and from Mingary Pier there is a regular ferry service across the Sound of Mull to Tobermory, on the Isle of Mull. Tobermory offers visitors enhanced services and it is quite feasible to take the ferry across for a nice meal out in one of Tobermory’s restaurants or perhaps do a little shopping? A short drive away is Ardnamurchan Point complete with its own lighthouse and visitors centre which is well worth a visit, or perhaps you simply want to sit on the glorious Sanna beach and enjoy the views across the clear blue sea to the islands of Muck, Eigg, Rum and Canna?