- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This cosy hideaway, a wonderfully-located coastal cabin, is nestled in the heart of the small parish of Fishbourne near Ryde.
Charmingly appointed throughout to provide bright and compact open plan accommodation, this wood-built Fishbourne cottage is perfect for couples looking to find a peaceful sanctuary to come back to after a busy day exploring the island.
This single-storey Fishbourne cottage offers double patio doors onto your lovely private garden area, along with a well-equipped fitted kitchen, a sitting area and dining table.
Outside the front of your Fishbourne cottage you will find a decked sunbathing and dining area, which leads onto your pretty flagstone garden, with a picnic bench and BBQ, the perfect environment to relax in while planning your day's excursions and to watch the abundant bird life and red squirrels.
Fishbourne offers stunning coastal walks, with Quarr Abbey only half a mile's walk away, so you may enjoy seeing local arts and crafts exhibits, which usually run from Thursday to Tuesday inclusive.
The abbey also offers a delightful tea shop, and a farm shop which sells their own produce.
A stone's throw from your Fishbourne cottage is an award-winning pub/restaurant.
Five miles up the road from your Fishbourne cottage, you will find Osborne House, Queen Victoria's summerhouse designed in the style of an Italian Renaissance palazzo; the magnificence of the Royal apartments, and stunning gardens and Solent views makes Osborne a must-see destination.
All ground floor. One double bedroom (bed accessed from one side only) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Compact open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric woodburner-effect stove.
- Electric wall heaters with electric stove in sitting area and pressurised hot water system
- Electric oven and 2-ring hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Bike storage
- Decked terrace with sun loungers, flagstone garden area with picnic bench and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 1 mile, pub/restaurant 1 min walk
- Beach 2 mins walk
- Note: Four steps up to front door.
- Last minute
- “The property was very cosy, quiet & relaxing and we had everything we needed. Owners were very helpful and friendly.”
- “Loved the accommodation. Very friendly welcome. Really good location near the ferry and convenient for sight seeing and cycling. Lovely pub just up the road where we had a lovely meal.”
- “The property well located for exploring the Isle of Wight. We were more than pleased with the property and would willingly return.”
- “Hosts were fabulous! The garden was ideal for bird watching - hosts topped up bird seed and nuts for the squirrels free! It was compact and 'bijoux' - but this was a positive! An ideal location for exploring the Isle of Wight.”
- “Lovely hosts, lovely place to stay. Blissful week . Even the weather behaved. Perfect.”
- “The owners were extremely welcoming. There were lots of lovely touches about the place which made it seem so comfortable. We will definitely go back again.”
- “The Chalet is nicely tucked away giving you your own space and privacy. There is an abundance of wildlife in a very serene setting. Considering it is only a small island, there is so much to do on the Isle of Wight. The Chalet is ideal for two people and has been laid out to a very high standard with high end appliances. The owner of the Chalet is available to offer any help and assistance you may require. My wife and I will definitely return to the Chalet, my wife was so comfortable, she did not want to come home. I will certainly be recommending it to anyone that I know plans to stay on the Isle of Wight.”
- “We just wanted a quiet week, in peaceful surroundings so that we could properly relax. Ideal location. A lovely equipped little chalet and we would return happily another time.”
- “Both owners were incredibly accommodating and so happy to help. The chalet was comfortable and peaceful. The Isle of Wight is a fantastic island to escape from city life. I would recommend the holiday to anyone. The wine and chocolates were a very nice touch.”
About the location
FISHBOURNE, ISLE OF WIGHT
Ryde 3 miles; Newport 5 miles.
Fishbourne is a small parish, about a mile from Wootton Bridge and only 2 miles from the seaside resort of Ryde. The parish is situated on the banks of Wootton Creek, a favourite mooring place for yachtsmen and the embarkation point for the Wightlink Portsmouth Ferry. The Isle of Wight coastal path passes through the community, which is well served by an excellent pub, and a shingle beach is exposed at low tide; great for paddling and fishing. There's so much to see and do in this lovely area catering for all tastes and ages, from the Isle of Wight Steam Railway, Queen Victoria's Osborne House and Quarr Abbey, to Robin Hill Adventure Park, and Brickfields Horse Country. Ryde is just a short drive, offering 6 miles of superb sandy beaches, and numerous attractions including 10 pin bowling, and an ice rink as well as a great selection of shops and restaurants. In fact there's so much to do a week isn't nearly long enough!