- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Whitchurch and Overton 2 miles.
A self-contained wing of the owners' attractive Hampshire cottage, set in a rural location on the edge of Watership Down country in northern Hampshire.
Comfortably furnished throughout with a king-size double bed and French windows opening out onto beautiful gardens, this Hampshire holiday cottage offers a delightful base for couples wishing to explore this lovely area.
After a day out and about you can snuggle up in front of the warming woodburner in the charming sitting room of this Hampshire cottage, or enjoy a glass of wine on the attractive enclosed patio, soaking up the last of the sun.
The extensive gardens of this Hampshire holiday cottage are a delight, boasting well-kept flower beds and lawns, where you can play croquet.
There are lovely walks to be had from this Hampshire holiday cottage across the rolling chalk landscape, immortalised by local author Richard Adams in Watership Down - the nearby pub, serving good food and ales also bears this name!
Within a short drive of your Hampshire cottage are the River Test, beloved by fly fishermen, the pretty village of Overton, Whitchurch Silk Mill and, for fans of the TV series Downton Abbey, Highclere Castle.
Alternatively, the ancient cities of Winchester, Salisbury and Southampton, and Portsmouth's historic dockyard, are easily accessible.
A delightful Hampshire cottage to be enjoyed at any time of the year!
One king-size double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with woodburner, dining area and French doors to garden.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD player, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Additional wood available to purchase from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Lawned garden at front with pond
- Private enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ at rear
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 2 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: There are approx
- 4 trains per hour on the railway and as such there may be some associated noise
- Note: Due to unfenced pond, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: No hand rail, property may be unsuitable for guests with limited mobility
About the location
Andover 7 miles; Winchester 12 miles; Newbury 12 miles.
The town of Whitchurch lies in Northern Hampshire in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at the head of the River Test, the chalk stream river beloved by fly fishermen, and bounded to the North and East by the picturesque North Downs. Whitchurch is home to a fine selection of local shops, pubs and restaurants as well as having a local food market each week. There is great walking on offer to suit all abilities, with the climb up Beacon Hill a must which rewards you with a panoramic view of Highclere Castle which was used as the location for TV’s Downton Abbey series. Treat yourself to some luxurious silk from Whitchurch Silk Mill, or discover the byways featured in ‘Watership Down’ by Richard Adams, who lives in the town. Take a trip to the ancient cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, or to the racecourse at nearby Newbury. A glorious rural area which offers visitors an interesting and tranquil holiday location at any time of the year.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute