- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Snakemoor Farm Cottages
Two delightful single-storey barn conversions, in a rural setting on the owner's cattle and equestrian farm, on the edge of the South Hampshire village of Durley, 2 miles from Botley. These charming Durley cottages have been converted to a very high standard, and both boast cosy woodburners, as well as en-suite facilities. These Durley cottages are set within the owner's farmyard, where horses often come and go from the adjacent stables. Locally, there are many lovely walks and the owner is happy to offer visitors riding lessons or hacking by arrangement from her nearby equestrian centre. There are plenty of places to visit within a short drive of these Durley cottages, including Marwell Zoo, the beautiful Meon Valley, and the River Hamble, whilst the historic Royal Naval Dockyard at Portsmouth and ancient Winchester are also easily accessible. Two lovely Durley cottages, providing a superb base from which to explore this lovely area throughout the year.
A lovely, semi-detached, single-storey barn conversion, one of two Durley cottages on site, providing quality holiday accommodation with a light and airy open plan living area, a warming woodburner and an en-suite to the double bedroom. This Durley cottage is situated alongside the owner's farmyard, where there is stabling for horses. A super, rural base for an enjoyable holiday. Note: This property can be booked with Ref. 4182 to accommodate up to 8 people.
All ground floor with one internal step. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Radiators powered by woodburner in sitting area
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV, DVD, Freeview
- Fuel, power and starter pack of logs inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Small patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Horses use the adjacent farmyard.
- Last minute
- “Perfect relaxing English break”
- “Come away for a quiet week during half term, that's exactly what we got. Welcomed with a delicious home-made cake, lovely clean cottage suitable for 4 people. 1 double and 2 singles, both with ensuites. Plenty of living space for us and our young toddler, especially the washing machine. The owners are friendly and helpful, offering any help. Local farm and stables really nice, not overly busy so it doesn't not cause too much noise. Good location with local attractions close distances, enjoyed a visit to Marwell Zoo centre, Southampton City centre and Poultons Park.”
- “It was just what we needed clean had everything you needed for a”
- “The cottage was clean, well equipt, lovely surroungings would go they again”
- “Great cottage, great location”
- “Myself, my husband and my two young children stayed at Swift Cottage for a week in May 2014. The cottage is ideally situated for Peppa Pig World, the New Forest, the Isle of Wight, Southampton and Winchester. The cottage is fully equipped and nicely presented. It was lovely of the owners to leave milk and a cake for our arrival and arrange for a travel cot for our baby son. The cottage itself was spotless and it was great that each bedroom had its own en suite bathroom. We would definitely return to this cottage as it is peaceful and has everything you need. Tesco and Sainsbury’s are just a short drive away. Don’t forget a washing up cloth and some washing up liquid.”
- “We enjoyed the peaceful surroundings and found the cottage to be very cosy and well-equipped. Thank you for everything and for providing milk and a nice cake!”
- “We arrived later than planned but was able to get in the cottage after following our instructions. From this point on we were delighted. The cottage was clean and tidy and in a very good condition. There was a lemon cake and a bottle of milk waiting for us and all the tea and coffee we could drink. We did not meet the owners at any time, we would like to have thanked them personally and apologise for the mug that was broken. The cottage is super warm, we had to open doors and windows to cool down. Would definitely recommend to family and friends and stay there again if we are ever that way again.”
- “Very comfortable cottage to return to after exploring the local area.”
- “The accommodation was perfect. Spotlessly clean and having an en suite in each bedroom was perfect. Swift Cottage was central to what we wanted to visit.”
- “The cottage was well equipped, lovely and clean with everything we needed for our Christmas break. It was warm and cosy with central heating recently installed, we actually wanted the weather to turn chilly so we could appreciate the open fire, which we did and it was toasty. Would definitely come back again.”
- “Have had a wonderful time staying at this cottage. It is warm, clean and comfortable and was excellent value for money. In a nice, quiet rural location but still close to the local towns. Would highly recommend a stay here and will definitely be back.”
- “This cottage was really lovely, a nice size for 4 adults & 2 infants, it was in a lovely location, away from the city but near enough to plenty of things going on. It was very clean & very welcoming with a pint of milk & a lovely home made cake!”
- “Welcoming and friendly owner. Lovely location, nicely decorated and well kept property. A warm and cosy cottage, fire was an added bonus.”
- “A perfect little hideaway for a weekend with my children.”
About the location
Botley 2 miles; Southampton 7 miles.
Durley is an attractive small south Hampshire village, only a short drive from Bishops Waltham and Botley, and 7 miles north east of Southampton. The village is surrounded by lovely countryside which provides super rural walks, yet there are excellent transport links close by which take you to many places of interest. Well worth visiting is the picturesque Meon Valley, and the lovely River Hamble, and nearby Marwell Zoo provides a great day out. Alternatively, take a trip to the fascinating Royal Naval Dockyard at Portsmouth, where you can explore HMS Victory, visit historic Winchester or how about treating yourselves at Hedge End Shopping Outlet or even venture down to Southampton's West Quay? With The New Forest, Poulton’s Park and sandy beaches within 40 minutes, there's so much to see and do catering for all interests within easy reach of this lovely area.