- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This detached wood-clad barn conversion makes a welcoming cottage, situated in a courtyard beside the owners' 18th century farmhouse, amidst a 20-acre smallholding in the rural hamlet of Thorn, 2.5 miles from Presteigne.
This Presteigne cottage has two comfortable bedrooms, a super king-size double and a double, and two bathrooms.
The ground floor offers a pleasant, open plan area with a kitchen and sitting area with a woodburner creating a cosy romantic atmosphere, plus there is a separate sitting room with dining area, which boasts French doors leading to the private decked rear garden, ideal for dining alfresco.
The farmland around this Presteigne cottage is home to a variety of animals, including rescued shire horses, riding horses, pigs, cattle, sheep and geese, and stands in undulating and picturesque countryside, which is perfect for walking and cycling, and is only half a mile from the famous Offa's Dyke Path.
Whether you are after a romantic break or a cosy base for enjoying good walking, this is a welcoming Presteigne cottage in a year-round holiday location.
Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin by arrangement) with walk-in wardrobe, 1 x double. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen and sitting area with woodburner. Sitting room with dining area.
- Storage heaters with woodburner
- Newhome electric range with double oven, four-ring hob and griddle, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed decked garden with furniture and BBQ
- Private lawned garden area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurants 2.5 miles in Presteigne
- Note: First floor accessed via spiral staircase
- Note: Horse carriage rides are available at additional cost
- Please contact the owner for more details
About the location
Presteigne 2.5 miles; Knighton 5 miles.
The small rural hamlet of Thorn is situated amidst picturesque countryside on the Powys/Herefordshire border and stands just half a mile from the famous Offa's Dyke Pathway. The beautiful Radnor Forest is close by and provides superb cycling and rambling opportunities. The historic town of Presteigne, known as The Gateway to Mid Wales, is only 2.5 miles away and nestles at the heart of The Marches, and boasts the award-winning attraction 'The Judge's Lodgings' as well as a variety of pubs, restaurants and shops. Explore the Mortimer Trail and the lovely walks to Hergest Ridge, the inspiration for the beautiful music of both Elgar and Mike Oldfield. Visit the market town of Hay-on-Wye, often described as “the town of books”, the ancient city of Hereford with its impressive Norman cathedral, famous Mappa Mundi and Chained Library, as well as Britain's loveliest medieval town, Ludlow.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute