- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Sky TV
Kington 2 miles. An attractive semi-detached, stone-built barn conversion adjoining the owner's house on a 10-acre smallholding, on the wooded slopes of Bradnor Hill, 2 miles from the village of Kington.
Overlooking the valley and scenic hills beyond, this lovely cottage provides comfortable and well equipped accommodation throughout, perfect for couples and families alike.
The property boasts exposed beams, two cosy bedrooms and a private patio area, ideal for relaxing or enjoying a barbecue.
Discover this beautiful border region, known as The Marches, renowned for its excellent walking on Offa's Dyke, the Mortimer Trail and further afield, the wonderful Black Mountains.
Within easy reach are the lovely towns of Presteigne, with its famous Judge's Lodgings, Hay-on-Wye with its numerous book shops and a good selection of pubs and restaurants, and Hereford with its magnificent cathedral and famous Mappa Mundi.
A lovely property in a quiet, unspoilt area, perfect for an exciting, active holiday or a romantic break.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Ground floor open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- Freestanding electric cooker, microwave, fridge, use of owners' freezer in outdoor utility room, TV with basic Sky package, DVD
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Stairgate provided
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Large patio area to rear of house with garden furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: This property adjoins the owner's house via the owner's garage.
- Last minute
- “Cosy and comfortable”
- “We arrived to a very warm welcome from the owner. The cottage is small, but big enough for 4 - just. The furniture was clean and comfortable, as were the bedrooms, and a bonus - two loos. The view across the valley is wonderful. There was only just enough crockery/glasses/cutlery. We had some difficulty finding it - it is quite isolated, and the description of how to find the turn off from the main road are a little vague when it's your first time in the area. The isolation isn't a bad thing - so peaceful, especially when you're used to the constant intrusion of the sounds of a city.”
- “Cosy Cottage”
- “We had a great time int the cottage and very much enjoyed our time exploring the area.”
- “Owners very friendly and helpful.Cottage well equipped,everything we needed.Only criticism was the bathroom was very small.Surrounding countryside was beautiful but definitely need a car to explore.Had a lovely relaxing holiday in the cottage and would recommend it to others.”
- “Having a toilet upstairs and downstairs was good and the whole property was spotlessly clean. Easy parking with plenty of space.”
- “Helpful owners on site; plenty of hot water and excellent standard of cleanliness!”
About the location
Presteigne 6 miles; Hay-on-Wye 12 miles.
The small town of Kington, well regarded as a centre for walking, is situated near the Welsh Borders in a beautiful area known as The Marches. Celebrated by visitors for its lovely scenery and excellent walking and cycling in the surrounding rolling hills, this quiet, pleasant town offers a number of excellent shops, pubs and restaurants. There are a variety of tourist attractions close by including the Kingswood Small Breed Farm Park and Owl Centre, the pretty blooms at the Hergest Croft Gardens, the Mortimer Trail and not to mention the renowned Offa's Dyke Path. Bradnor Hill, which boasts England’s highest golf course, is just one mile away, and also within easy reach and well worth a visit is the delightful town of Hay-on-Wye with its numerous book shops, craft and antique shops, along with hosting the famous Hay Festival during the Spring Bank Holiday, while the ancient city of Hereford, with its impressive Norman cathedral and famous Mappa Mundi, a 13th century cartographer's interpretation of the world, offers a great day out. A delightful holiday location to suit all ages and tastes.