- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hay-on-Wye 2 miles. These two Herefordshire holiday cottages are surrounded by lovely countryside and breathtaking views and are situated on the edge of the Golden Valley, close to the border with Wales and just 2 miles from Hay-on-Wye which is known as the ‘town of books'. These delightful Hay-on-Wye cottages have been lovingly converted from a former coach house and have been named after the renowned local astronomer Rev. Thomas Webb who lived in the owner's country house. They are furnished and decorated to a high standard offering comfortable accommodation throughout. Positioned in a courtyard setting, guests can enjoy the well-established garden with patio, a perfect place for enjoying a barbecue on a warm summer evening. These charming Hay-on-Wye cottages comprise Stargazer's Loft, a first floor apartment, and Stargazer's Field House, which is on the ground floor. Many lovely countryside walks can be enjoyed from the doorstep of these cottages, and the Black Mountains, Hay Bluff and Offa's Dyke footpath are all within easy reach. The area offers numerous National Trust properties, golf courses, horse riding, canoeing, cycling and fishing as well as the Literary Festival in Hay-on-Wye. The Royal Welsh Show, Brecon Jazz Festival and many food and drink festivals are also held in the area throughout the year. Two wonderful Hay-on-Wye cottages to be enjoyed all year round.
This delightful former Coach House, dating back to the early 19th century, is a first-class, ground floor Hay-on-Wye cottage and offers two stylish bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen and a comfortable sitting room with a woodburning stove. Note: This cottage can be booked with Ref. 6926 to accommodate 9 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family bedroom with 1 double and 1 single. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Electric wall heaters with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, use of owners' washing machine by arrangement, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and start pack for stove inc. in rent. Additional fuel for stove can be purchased from owner. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair available. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lockable bike storage. Patio with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 2.5 miles, pub 2 miles. Note: Raised toilet seat and shower stool available by arrangement.
- Last minute
- “Uitstekende accommodatie Hay on Wye”
- “Wij (gezin met 2 kinderen) hebben begin augustus 5 dagen in het Stargazer's Field House doorgebracht en hebben het erg naar ons zin gehad. het appartement is zeer schoon en biedt voldoende ruimte aan een gezin met 2 of 3 kinderen. Er kan gebruik worden gemaakt van de ruime tuin en het appartement beschikt over een gezellig terras met een mooi uitzicht over de velden. De keuken is goed voorzien van alle gemakken (Oven/grill, waterkoker, magnetron, ruime koelkast met vriesgedeelte). De badkamer is ruim en beschikt over zowel een douche als bad. Er is free WiFi beschikbaar en op het terras staat een mooie BBQ waar gebruik van kan worden gemaakt.”
- “This is a very spacious Cottage and if you wanted a peaceful week, just relaxing, it's the place to be.”
- “The owner and her family were very welcoming, helpful and relaxed. They were there when we needed them but, always very discreet. We had an excellent week and the sun shone ALL week. My family enjoyed several meals outdoors in a beautiful location and the children had plenty of space to run about safely.”
- “We had a very warm welcome from the owners of the cottage who were very friendly and helpful. The cottage was very spacious and peaceful. We had a relaxing weeks holiday. The cottage was very well equipped. All this coupled with the weather made a wonderful week.”
- “A lovely cottage in a beautiful setting. The owners have thought of everything making the cottage really well equipped and very clean. Many attractions to enjoy in the surrounding area from book and art festivals to castles, gardens and wonderful countryside.”
- “Excellent accommodation in a beautiful rural location, close to Hay-on-Wye, the Brecon Beacons and many other interesting places. The owners were particularly friendly and helpful and had thought of everything to make the accommodation very comfortable.”
- “The location was great for access to a lot of places both to visit and eat. The owners were very welcoming and the cottage was very comfortable - we had a lovely time.”
- “The accommodation was excellent, in a brilliant location with very friendly owners on site making us fell very relaxed.”
About the location
Hereford 20 miles.
Hay-on-Wye, renowned for its world-famous Hay Festival of Literature, lies on the Welsh/English border, and is a popular destination for book-lovers or holidaymakers wishing to enjoy the leisure activities and beautiful scenery of the Wye Valley. This ancient market town lies on the River Wye in the Brecon Beacons National Park, and is renowned for its many book shops, antique shops, restaurants and cafes. Hay-on-Wye is surrounded by spectacular countryside, which provides excellent walking, cycling, bird watching, fishing and canoeing, together with a variety of tourist attractions, including the Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, The Three Castles Walk, Eastnor Castle, the Offa's Dyke Path, the Mortimer Trail and the lovely walk to Hergest Ridge, the inspiration for the music of both Elgar and Mike Oldfield. The epitome of picturesque England, the ancient city of Hereford lies 20 miles away, with its magnificent cathedral with famous chained library and Mappa Mundi, and medieval bridge over the winding River Wye. A supremely appealing all year round holiday destination.