- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Abbey Dore 3.5 miles. A delightful, 18th century, Grade II listed, stone-built, detached barn conversion, situated within the grounds of the owner's 28-acre smallholding, on the outskirts of Abbey Dore.
Located within the beautiful Golden Valley, and offering views of the stunning Herefordshire countryside, this Abbey Dore holiday cottage makes the perfect rural getaway for all the family.
Boasting a wealth of exposed oak beams, trusses and wall timbers, this beautiful barn seamlessly combines its original character and charm with quality, modern furnishings.
Wine and dine in the impressive kitchen/diner, relax in front of the woodburner in the snug, have family fun in the games room, or enjoy a BBQ on the terrace.
The Offa's Dyke Pathway and stunning Wye Valley are close by, while the Brecon Beacons National Park, Shropshire, Worcestershire and the Cotswolds are all within easy driving distance.
A wonderful holiday property all year round.
Note: This property is adjacent to Ref. 1946, and together they accommodate 14.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 3 x king-size double, 2 x twin (one on ground floor). Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Two bathrooms with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC (one on second floor). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room. Snug (seats 6) with woodburner. Games room with table tennis.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor & bathrooms, woodburner
- Rangemaster dual fuel cooker with double electric oven & 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs & FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Two cots & two highchairs
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed, gravelled garden area with patio, furniture & BBQ, shared use of 0.25 acre picnic paddock for games, with picnic table & views of Golden Valley
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 3 miles, Cider Mill 400 yards
- Note: This property is over multiple levels, reached by short staircases, may be unsuitable for the less mobile
- Note: WiFi can be slow.
About the location
Hereford 12 miles; Abergavenny 15 miles; Hay-on-Wye 15 miles.
The pretty village of Abbey Dore is situated on the River Dore, at the southern end of the beautiful Golden Valley, close to the Brecon Beacons National Park and the Black Mountains. The village is home to the old established Abbey Dore Court Gardens, open to the public between April and September, Dore Abbey, founded in 1147 by Cistercian monks and restored to its present form in the 18th and 19th Century. Just 12 miles away is the ancient city of Hereford, which dates back to the 7th Century and is home to a magnificent cathedral, the famous 'chained library', Mappa Mundi and a medieval bridge over the winding River Wye. The wonderful market town of Hay-on-Wye, famous for its 30-plus book shops, excellent pubs, restaurants and antique shops, making it one of the most visited tourist attractions in Wales, is only 15 miles from Abbey Dore. Surrounded by pleasant orchards and cornfields, the village is also close to the Offa's Dyke and Wye Valley walks - a wonderful all year round location with plenty to see and do for all the family.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute