- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming detached cottage situated next to the owner’s home on an 8-acre smallholding in the village of Lingen on the Shropshire, Herefordshire and Powys border in the beautiful Welsh Marches.
This Lingen cottage provides character accommodation with exposed beams, painted stone walls and a multi-fuel stove, which all help to create a lovely romantic atmosphere throughout.
This picturesque cottage in Lingen is perfect for a relaxing break for two in a truly peaceful and beautiful part of Britain.
This Herefordshire cottage provides a cosy double bedroom with separate dressing room and bathroom next door, whilst downstairs is a delightful open plan living area with a fitted kitchen, dining area and welcoming sitting area with a multi-fuel stove, ideal for those chilly evenings.
Outside of this Lingen cottage is a pleasant patio and gravelled sitting area, which provides a place to relax and enjoy a meal or drink, whilst admiring the views over Valets Wood and of the owner’s sheep, lambs, chickens and geese.
The village of Lingen has many lovely walks and cycle routes and even boasts its own traditional pub serving food and local ales.
Visit the historic town of Presteigne, which boasts many more amenities with a range of local shops, traditional pubs and restaurants, plus Knighton has the Offa’s Dyke Visitor Centre, and the famous medieval town of Ludlow is within easy reach.
This is a lovely Herefordshire cottage perfect for a couple, at any time of the year.
One double bedroom with dressing room. Bathroom with small P-shaped bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining and sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
Wall-mounted electric radiators with multi-fuel stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Gravelled area with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops 4.5 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Low ceilings and beams on both floors, which are no higher than 6ft in places. Note: Babes-in-arms only. Note: WiFi can be intermittent.
Note: Babes-in-arms only.
- “Booked as a restful romantic get away for two: the owners made us feel very welcome upon arrival and granted us privacy throughout our stay. It is a beautiful part of the country and the cottage itself had a wonderful view. It is tastefully decorated, perfectly clean and tidy. Thank you.”
- “The owners were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The scenery was fantastic and the cottage was everything we could want.”
- “A picturesque & peaceful location, extremely friendly & helpful owners, and a well maintained cottage.”
- “Quiet and peaceful with a beautiful view. It was close to interesting places to visit.”
- “The Lealands Cottage was excellent, in a beautiful location. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. We felt very comfortable there, and enjoyed our stay very much.”
- “Beautiful, totally refurbished property in the most wonderful setting surrounded by fields and trees absolutely perfect for a relaxing holiday. The owners of the property are very nice and left us a welcome package to start off our holiday. We would recommend this cottage to anyone who enjoys the beautiful British countryside.”
- “The cottage was beautiful, all finished to a very high standard and set in a very peaceful, scenic location which we really enjoyed. A friendly welcome into the bargain! A definite 10/10.”
- “The cottage was fantastic, beautifully clean, well equipped and the right size for 2. There was obviously a lot of consideration given to kitting it out and it was really appreciated. It is in a lovely area for peace and quiet, but equally, there is plenty to do and see. Hosts were lovely and advised on places of interest too.”
About the location
Presteigne 5 miles; Knighton 9 miles; Ludlow 12 miles.
The ancient village of Lingen, mentioned in the Domesday Book, lies on wooded Herefordshire Hills in the Welsh Marches and is surrounded by beautiful unspoilt countryside. The historic small town of Presteigne, known as The Gateway to Mid Wales, is only 5 miles away and boasts the award-winning attraction 'The Judge's Lodging' as well as a range of pubs, restaurants and local shops. Presteigne is a local culture centre and plays host to art and music festivals throughout the year. Explore the Mortimer Trail, Offa’s Dyke, the lovely walks up to Wigmore Castle, Croft Ambrey and the quiet valleys of the Lugg, Teme and Clun. Visit the market town of Hay-on-Wye, often described as “the town of books”, the ancient city of Hereford with its impressive Norman cathedral, Leominster and its renowned antique shops, and discover Britain's loveliest medieval town, Ludlow with its 13th century castle, riverside walks and famous food and cultural festivals. Radnor Forest is also close by and offers an abundance of walks and cycle routes. This is a truly unspoilt area offering something for everyone at any time of year.