- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb Abergavenny cottage in open countryside, lovingly created from the conversion of a barn on the owners' working sheep farm, on the outskirts of the hamlet of Llanddewi Skirrid, 3 miles from Abergavenny.
Full of character, this cosy Abergavenny cottage retains many original beams, a large entrance hall, a spacious sitting room and a great games room with a pool table, Nintendo Wii and a piano.
There are also two beautiful wooden spiral staircases, allowing one of the master bedrooms its own private access, adding to this Abergavenny cottage's charm.
The hamlet's renowned restaurant, The Walnut Tree, offers a fine dining experience, and to work the food off, take scenic walks or cycle rides from the doorstep of this Abergavenny cottage.
Spend a day in Abergavenny, or discover the region's abbeys, castles, museums and scenery.
A terrific Abergavenny cottage for all the family.
Four bedrooms with TV & basic Freeview: 2 x king-size doubles with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin, WC. Ground floor basin, WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with woodburner-effect electric fire. Games room with pool table, TV & Nintendo Wii.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor, radiators on 1st floor & electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, Wii, stereo/CD, WiFi, DVDs/games/books
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgates
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Patio with furniture & BBQ, large lawned area with mini football pitch
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 2.5 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: Sloping ceilings so limited headroom in main bathroom & all bedrooms
- Note: Last 0.1 miles to property is down a single farm track, unsuitable for low suspension vehicles
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.
About the location
Abergavenny 3 miles.
The small hamlet of Llanddewi Skirrid is most famous for The Walnut Tree restaurant offering a wonderful dining experience. It is overlooked by Skirrid Mountain which is a stand alone mountain, an outlier of the Black Mountains and the most easterly mountain within the Brecon Beacons National Park. There are excellent walks and lovely cycling routes right from the doorstep, and other famous restaurants including Fox Hunter, The Hardwick, 1861, The Bell Inn and The Crown at Whitebrook are within easy reach. The picturesque market town of Abergavenny is just 3 miles away, nestling between seven mountains and with the River Usk flowing through it. The town boasts a castle, museum, churches, an indoor market hall, good shops and a multitude of pubs and restaurants, as well as playing host to the internationally renowned food festival each September. Enjoy beautiful walks through the Wye Valley, along the Brecon Canal or explore the breathtaking Brecon Beacons. With abbeys, castles, mining museums and a Roman amphitheatre and baths at nearby Caerleon, there is something for everyone.
Note: No stag/hen or similar.