- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Llangunllo 2 miles.
This 15th century barn conversion cottage is located on a 250 acre working livestock farm in a beautiful isolated valley near rural Llangunllo, in Mid Wales.
Perfect for a family holiday, this Llangunllo cottage offers well-equipped, comfortable open plan accommodation with beams throughout and a woodburner in the sitting area.
Two bedrooms, both with en-suite facilities, complete the accommodation inside this historic cottage, whilst guests also have shared use of a wonderful games room offering a range of activities to keep kids of all ages amused.
This tranquil location is perfect for a peaceful break; guests can watch the owner's horses, cows, goats and sheep, try fly fishing in the numerous trout pools or simply relax and admire the varied birdlife.
The Glyndwr Way national trail runs through the farm, and links up to Offa's Dyke, providing wonderful walks and cycle trails.
Locally, guests can enjoy horse riding, a rally school, clay pigeon shooting, the Elan Valley dams or the market towns of Knighton, Presteigne and medieval Ludlow.
A wonderful Llangunllo cottage, ideal for a break all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Shared games room with pool table, table tennis and darts.
- LPG central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Stairgate available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 9 miles
- Note: Trout fishing pools available (£10 per rod per day)
- Note: Please ensure children are supervised around the farm and the trout pools
- Note: Mobile phone signal is intermittent
- Note: Due to the wooden, open tread staircase, this property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility.
About the location
Knighton 7 miles; Presteigne 9 miles; Ludlow 25 miles.
Set amidst lovely rolling countryside, the rural hamlet of Llangunllo is only seven miles from the market town of Knighton, which straddles the English/Welsh border. This is a renowned location for walking, riding and cycling. Offa's Dyke passes through Knighton, which hosts the Offa's Dyke Information Centre and Glyndwr's Way National Trail actually passes through Llangunllo. Radnor Forest and the 84 mile long Radnor Ring Cycling Route are all close by, as is the lovely town of Presteigne with its famous Judge's Lodging museum. Visit magnificent Powys Castle with its celebrated gardens, the breathtaking Llanrhaeadr Waterfall, the Elan Valley dams, and medieval Ludlow with its 13th century castle, ancient buildings, boutiques, antique shops and acclaimed restaurants. Enjoy feeding red kites, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, horse riding, rally driving, wonderful scenic walks and cycle trails. A fabulous all year round location for exploring the beautiful countryside and attractions of Mid Wales, Shropshire and Herefordshire.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute