- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
Wigmore 2 miles. The careful conversion of an old &
8216;black and white&
8217; barn has resulted in this cottage of great charm and character.
Situated close to the owner&
8217;s picturesque country house in the hills above the castle ruins of Wigmore, all rooms have glorious views of the surrounding countryside.
8217;s an excellent walking area with unspoilt, quiet woodland and a rich variety of wildlife, including fallow deer.
The property is decorated to a high standard with some lovely features - exposed beams and stone walls.
An ideal place to get away from it all!
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath with hand held shower over, basin and WC. Modern fitted kitchen/diner. Spacious and comfortable sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Night storage heaters with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD player/radio
- Use of owner’s washing machine and tumble dryer
- Electricity and starter pack of fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Large, lawned garden with front terrace with garden furniture overlooking a large wildlife pond to orchard and woods beyond
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pubs 2 miles
- Note: Due to the pond at this property all children must be supervised.
About the location
Ludlow 11 miles; Leominster 12 miles.
The delightful village of Wigmore is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to the Welsh/Shropshire/Herefordshire border. It’s a wonderful, peaceful area with splendid woodland, unspoilt countryside and pretty old villages to explore and enjoy on the "black and white" trail. Wigmore itself has two pubs, a shop and garage and further amenities are available in the beautiful, historic market towns of Ludlow, Leominster and Hereford – all of which are within easy driving distance.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute