- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Games Room
An imposing, detached, black and white Herefordshire holiday home, in a spectacular hillside position in Much Birch, offering stunning views over the surrounding hills and mountains.
Luxuriously appointed throughout to provide first class accommodation for family and friends, this cottage in Herefordshire caters for all your needs, including an enormous sitting room with sumptuous sofas, amazing views and a warming woodburner, a formal dining room for twenty people with open fire, and a huge kitchen with double AGA and a cosy woodburner next to a dining area.
The imposing hall, again with a woodburner, leads to an impressive oak staircase.
This takes you to eight spacious first floor bedrooms, three with en-suite facilities, whilst a further bedroom on the ground floor has a basin and WC close by.
The second sitting room in this Herefordshire cottage is a perfect place for reading, relaxing or watching a favourite film.
Outside is a three acre mature garden with large patio area, furniture and BBQ, an ideal place for alfresco dining whilst enjoying the long distance views.
With excellent access to road links, this spacious cottage in Herefordshire is an ideal base for visiting Hereford, Hay-on-Wye, Ross-on-Wye, Symonds Yat, Ludlow and more.
Nine bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, walk-in shower, double basin and WC, 2 x family room with 1 double and 1 single, 3 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 2 x twin (one with Jack-and-Jill access to family shower room), 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with island, woodburner, double AGA and dining area (seats 8). Utility. Pantry with table football. Dining room with open fire. Large sitting room with woodburner. Second sitting room.
- Oil central heating with woodburners in hall, sitting room and kitchen, open fire in dining room
- Double AGA with 4 ovens and 6 ring hob (in use Sep - Apr), double electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVDs, stereo/CD, iPod dock, phone for UK numbers, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburners and open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Five acres of gardens with one acre of formal lawned garden and four acres of parkland with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Lockable bike storage
- Ample off road parking
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Small unfenced pond in garden
- Note: Outside catering available by prior arrangement with owner
- Note: No fireworks
- Note: The owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
About the location
Ross-on-Wye 8 miles; Hereford 8 miles.
The thriving village of Much Birch lies between Hereford and Ross-on-Wye and boasts two pubs, a farm shop and regular village markets. The whole area is surrounded by unspoilt countryside and offers many activities including fishing, cycling, walking, horse-riding, canoeing and bird-watching, all in and around the Wye Valley, Golden Valley and The Forest of Dean. The cathedral town of Hereford, dating back to Saxon times, is famous for the fascinating Mappi Mundi world map and the chained library, home to a collection of rare and ancient books. The historic market town of Ross-on-Wye boasts many timbered buildings, a 17th century market hall, individual shops, traditional inns, excellent restaurants and lovely riverside walks. Visit beautiful Symonds Yat with its towering rocks where peregrine falcons breed, and take the ferry across the river to the Valley Visitors Centre. Guests can also enjoy the 'town of books', Hay-on-Wye, the majestic Black Mountains and scenic Brecon Beacons National Park. The perfect destination for an unforgettable holiday at any time of year.
- Last minute