- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Orleton 1.5 miles.
This lovely, single-storey holiday cottage in Herefordshire is located on the owner's beef and arable farm, just 1.5 miles from the pretty village of Orleton.
This Herefordshire cottage is comfortably furnished throughout and is an ideal base for a get together with family or friends in this beautiful part of the country.
Set over the ground floor, this cottage near Orleton enjoys stunning countryside views and has three lovely bedrooms, a large kitchen, a dining room and a cosy sitting room, perfect for returning to after exploring the nearby towns of Leominster and medieval Ludlow.
This charming Herefordshire cottage boasts a beautiful garden, which surrounds the property, and the patio to the rear has seating, making it ideal for alfresco dining or for simply relaxing and enjoying the sounds of the birds on a calm, sunny day.
A bus stop is conveniently situated next to the farm gate from where you're able to catch a bus to Ludlow, Leominster or Hereford.
The beautiful village of Orleton is perfectly located for discovering the surrounding area but this lovely black and white village also boasts a shop, Post Office and a lovely 16th century pub which serves excellent food and local ales.
For a relaxing holiday in this lovely area, this Herefordshire holiday cottage is an excellent base for family or friends.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 4). Dining room with electric fire and comfy seating for 2. Sitting room with electric fire.
Oil central heating with electric fires in sitting room and dining room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 4 cars. Lockable bike storage. Enclosed lawned gardens to front and rear with patio and furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Peaceful, restful holiday in a stunning setting”
- “Spent a very happy week in Meadow Lea at the beginning of april. Clean, quiet, very well equipped and a delicious cake of arrival. Stunning views across the valley to the River Lugg. Good, efficient central heating and plenty of parking.”
- “A wonderful place but poo what a smell!”
- “What a wonderful peaceful private location,very clean & a huge chocolate cake from the farmer's wife which we ate for breakfast on sunday as we hadn't done any shopping!The view was magnificent the only thing spoiling this idyllic place was the terrible smell of diesel if we put the heating on.The drive along the single track road on the Long Mynd above Carding Mill Valley was amazing,Shropshire Hills Discovery centre was great for meals,lovely souvenirs & art gallery.We are both disabled & found locals so helpful & the bungalow fabulous.”
- “The property was spotlessly clean and well appointed, in beautiful countryside. There are lots of interesting places to visit within easy reach of the cottage.”
- “The cottage was well placed for several National Trust properties. There were plenty of walks in the area. The cottage was very peaceful, if you want a holiday away from it all, this is for you.”
- “Meadow Lea is a lovely warm and cosy place to stay and ideal if you have children.”
- “The bungalow was lovely, I could live there full time. The garden area was great to sit in; peaceful, quiet and we saw quite a lot of wild life. The position it was located in which was great for seeing the surrounding areas. We were blessed with perfect weather which was a bonus.”
- “The bungalow was just about perfect for us (2 adults, plus 2 children with walking difficulties). It has a great layout, plus it feels so much bigger within than it looks from the outside. There was a lovely view from the front and a pleasant quiet garden at the back. A 10/10 for this lovely property - I would gladly return.”
About the location
Leominster 6 miles; Ludlow 6 miles.
The delightful village of Orleton is ideally situated between the attractive towns of Leominster and medieval Ludlow, which is one of the most beautiful towns in the UK. The village boasts some charming black and white properties, a shop, Post Office and the lovely 16th century Boot Inn which is brimming with traditional charm and character and also serves excellent food. The village is surrounded by the scenic countryside of Shropshire and Herefordshire and is in a perfect location for a walking and cycling holiday. Close by are National Trust properties, the black and white village trail, Croft Castle, Berrington Hall, Hampton Court gardens, the Judge’s Lodgings in Presteigne, Stokesay Castle, and the Acton Scott Historic Farm (as seen on TV). This peaceful village is in a superb location and is ideal for a relaxing all year round break in this beautiful part of England.