- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightfully-presented, coastal cottage is set on the outskirts of the seaside village of Bembridge on the Isle of Wight. Thoughtfully appointed throughout, to provide light, spacious and extremely welcoming holiday accommodation, this Bembridge cottage is ideal for a romantic getaway or a wonderfully traditional family seaside holiday. Set all on the ground floor, this Bembridge cottage offers two large, beautifully-furnished bedrooms, luxurious seating in the sitting room and a fitted kitchen with a door leading to the south-facing patio area. After a long day exploring, sit outside your Isle of Wight cottage in this private patio area, perfect for a spot of alfresco dining or a relaxing drink while you watch the sun set. The extensive village of Bembridge offers a small airport, mostly used at the weekend by people flying in for day trips, a bustling harbour, full of pleasure crafts and fishing boats landing their daily catch, and quiet sand and pebble beaches, perfect for swimming, fishing and rock pooling. Bembridge offers a superb range of small shops, pubs and cafés, meaning you have everything you need for your cottage holiday on the Isle of Wight. Venture out of the village of Bembridge and take a bracing walk up to Culver Down, experiencing the most stunning views of the countryside, or visit the beautiful sandy bay at Sandown and Shanklin. The charming village of Godshill is a short drive from your Isle of Wight holiday home, offering many attractions from The Model Village and Isle of Wight Natural History Centre, to the Godshill Cider Centre and Michelin-rated gastropub, The Taverners, where you can enjoy a sumptuous meal. The perfect Bembridge cottage for exploring this lovely village and the Isle of Wight, all year round.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with open fire, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with door leading to south-facing private patio area. Sitting room with dining area.
- Gas central heating with open fire in double bedroom
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Shared front lawned garden with gravelled area, private enclosed patio area to rear with furniture and BBQ
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and beach 10 mins walk
- Note: Parking area is shared with owner, who lives in the annexe at the back of the cottage.
- Last minute
- “Can't wait to return”
- “Have just had a lovely short break at little tifters.The bungalow was very clean had everything we needed. It's within easy walking distance to lovely beaches, Which our dog loved,also close to a dog friendly pub.have come home feeling fully refreshed”
- “Great Little Cottage”
- “This is a great little cottage in a beautiful part of the Isle of Wight. The cottage is well maintained and clean and the owner is very friendly and approachable. We had a great stay and enjoyed our holiday there. This cottage is just a walk from the beach and various dog walks. All round a great place to stay. A*”
- “It was very well presented and clean, and the rooms were bigger than they appeared in the photos which was a pleasant surprise. The location, near to the coast path and in a quiet and varied village, gave opportunities for local exploring.”
- “An absolutely beautiful cottage, the beach was 10 minutes away and the dog loved it. Would not hesitate in booking again. It was lovely and peaceful, a home from home.”
- “A very compact bungalow which was very clean. I particularly loved the bedroom; the bed was so comfortable. Very much appreciated the roomy fridge/freezer and the basket of treats provided.”
- “A very nice location, great for dog walking & easy to get round the island.”
- “Welcome pack was excellent, the best I have ever had. Able to walk from property to local shopping area and pubs. Excellent walks direct from property without having to use car. Property was of a very high standard and had lots of maps and leaflets available.”
- “The location was excellent. We chose it for closeness to beach, good dog walks, shops and good pub, and it didn't disappoint. In fact, one of the best get away from it all, holidays we've had.”
- “Good location for exploring the island.”
- “Delighted by the bungalow. The fittings were modern and of a high standard. The decor was clean, fresh and tasteful. A nice quiet location with a 15 minute walk to a dog friendly beach. No hesitation in recommending this property.”
- “Lovely cottage with everything you need. Great location, easy to walk to beach and pubs. Even better that we could take the dog as the Isle of Wight is very dog friendly.”
- “The cottage was a home-from-home for us, whilst we spent a family Christmas with my parents, in the Isle of Wight. It was comfortable, warm and presented to a very high standard. We appreciated the warm welcome, and thoughtful extras supplied by the owner.”
About the location
Ryde 7 miles; Newport 11 miles; Cowes 16 miles; Yarmouth 20 miles.
Bembridge sits on the most eastern point of the Isle of Wight, and it is claimed to be the biggest village in Europe. Bembridge used to be an island in its own right, and until the Victorian era, was a collection of wooden huts and farmhouses, hence Bembridge remains somewhat detached from the rest of the island even today, which adds to its charm. Bembridge is considered to be one of the most upmarket areas on the island and offers a surprisingly busy intertidal sheltered harbour, which is always full of pleasure crafts and fishing boats providing a constant flow of traffic to and from The Solent. From the harbour you will find quiet beaches consisting of sand and pebbles, perfect for swimming, beachcombing and crabbing and in high winds you will see plenty of kite surfing activity. As you walk along Bembridge beach, you will discover the lifeboat station, cafés and the famous Crab & Lobster Inn, as well as the magnificent Culver Cliffs as your backdrop. The village centre offers a good range of small shops, with its award winning butcher's and 'The Best Dressed Crab in Town' which is situated in Bembridge harbour, you can also sample local produce from the greengrocer's, visit the art gallery and much more; in fact everything you should need while holidaying here.