- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This beautifully presented mews cottage is perfectly located within the heart of the historic town of Brading on the Isle of Wight.
Excellently appointed throughout to provide comfortable, contemporary accommodation, this Brading cottage is ideal for couples or families looking to spend some quality time together exploring this beautiful island.
This Brading cottage offers an extremely well-equipped open plan living area, with ample seating for you to relax in at the end of your busy day, and doors out to the enclosed patio garden, with furniture and a charcoal BBQ, perfect for alfresco dining any time.
To the front of this lovely Brading cottage you will find off road parking for one car, ideal should you decide to use some of the great local bus and train services nearby, and the town's amenities, which are on the doorstep.
Brading offers many historical delights, from the 1900-year old Roman villa to Lilliput Antique Doll & Toy Museum and the beautiful Nunwell House.
There are 70 footpaths around this Brading cottage, taking in the beauty of the marshlands and its amazing bird life, and stretching all the way to the Downs.
Within easy reach of this Brading cottage you can explore Adgestone Vineyard, which is set on the south-facing slope overlooked by Brading Down, where it is believed the vines were originally planted by the Romans.
Just up the road you will find Yaverland with its fossil-bearing beach and the Isle of Wight Zoo.
The perfect Brading cottage to explore all the island has to offer.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x family room with 1 adults bunks and 1 x child's single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and hob, fridge, microwave, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, digital radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games, toys and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels. Off road parking for 1 car. Enclosed patio garden with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Pub, restaurants and shops 1 min walk. Beach 1.7 miles. Note: There is a train from Ryde Pier into Brading and onward to Sandown and Shanklin. Brading is also on the main bus route. Note: Some road noise may be experienced during busy times.
- Last minute
- “Perfect little house”
- “Stayed in number 3 for a week in July. I wasn't sure what to expect having never stayed in a cottage before on holiday. The house was wonderfully presented - clean, tidy and with a few homely touches. It had everything we could need for a 7 nights stay and more! Only found the BBQ in the shed half way through our stay. Only minor gripe was that the blinds weren't black-out so early morning sunshine was a pain. Very handy to have a 'corner shop' within staggering distance. And a couple of pubs for lovely evening dinners. Great stay! Would highly recommend for families with small children.”
- “A beautifully presented and comfortable cottage.”
- “This cottage is the perfect base for a holiday exploring the Isle of Wight. It was clean and fresh, beautifully presented with a nautical theme. The children loved the bunk beds and the books, dvds and games provided. Brading itself seemed a little odd, with not much going on and just one rather disappointing/expensive shop. But it was quick and easy to get about and only took about 10 mins by car to get to the beaches at Yaverland/Sandown and Shanklin. Loved it! ”
- “A beautiful property which was very well equipped clean and well presented.”
- “A lovely property on a lovely island.”
- “Great house that was extremely well catered and even had games and DVD's for the family. Immaculate inside and in a great location. Shops and restaurants were within walking distance and it was easy to travel around the island. Excellent communication with the owners. We all loved it and will return!”
- “This was second time we have stayed in this property and it is excellent.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and warm and the parking for one car was excellent. Décor and furnishings were excellent. Would recommend this cottage to anyone, it was really good.”
- “Everything was excellent throughout”
- “The situation of the cottage was perfect for us as we were visiting relatives nearby. We particularly liked the 'seaside decor' and thought it was very well put together. The convenience store 20 metres away was also an added bonus.”
- “Property was well equipped. We were fortunate to have good weather.”
About the location
Sandown 1.7 miles; Ryde 4 miles; Newport 8 miles.
A small historic rural town, steeped in history going back to the Stone Age, Brading is close to many attractions, from the 1900 year old Roman Villa, to Lilliput Dolls Museum and the beautiful Nunwell House, which hosted Charles I on his last night of freedom. Around Brading there are 70 footpaths taking in the beauty of the marshlands and its amazing bird life, stretching to the Downs, which lie within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Brading also offers three welcoming pubs which serve food daily, a professional international auction room, with one to two auctions every month, specializing in fine art antiques and modern and vintage wares. Just outside the town you will find Adgestone Vineyard, which is set on the south facing slope overlooked by Brading Down, where it is believed the vines were originally planted by the Romans; its award-winning wine was chosen in 1994 for the dinner for the Queen to celebrate the anniversary of the D-Day Landings. Brading is also perfectly located for many of the Islands beaches, with the sands of Sandown and Yaverland only 1.7 miles away and the rock pools of Bembridge beach 3.5 miles away.