- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Godshill 2 miles.
This pretty and well-presented cottage adjoins the owner's home and is nestled perfectly at the foot of St Catherine's Down within a quiet hamlet of privately-owned barn conversions.
Thoughtfully appointed throughout, this Godshill cottage provides a cosy and welcoming haven for families and friends alike who wish to experience the peace and tranquillity of this setting as well as the sheer beauty that the surrounding countryside has to offer.
After a restful night's sleep in one of the two pretty bedrooms, guests are treated to stunning panoramic views of Stenbury Down when opening the bedroom curtains at this picturesque Godshill cottage.
Downstairs, there is a well-equipped fitted kitchen and a cosy sitting room with a French door leading out to the beautifully-maintained garden, a lovely setting for enjoying breakfast before venturing out to explore all that this area has to offer.
The lawned garden at this Godshill cottage is also the ideal spot for relaxing whilst enjoying the sounds of the migrating birds that visit on a daily basis.
The delightful and picturesque village of Godshill offers many excellent attractions, from the model village and the Isle of Wight Natural History Centre, to the Godshill Cider Company and The Old Smithy, now a lovely tea room, gift shop and boutique.
Why not discover one of the breathtaking walks Godshill has to offer, and then a sumptuous lunch in Godshill's gastro pub, The Taverners?
You can visit one of the many stunning beaches on the south of the island, or take a drive to East Cowes and discover the history surrounding the magnificent Osborne House.
This Godshill cottage is a wonderful base for experiencing the beauty and the sights that the Isle of Wight has to offer.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with power shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
Oil central heating. Electric double oven and ceramic hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, TV with FreeSat, CD/ DVD, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels. Cot, highchair, baby bath and stairgate. Off road parking for 1 car. Shared, enclosed, front lawned garden with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub and beach 3 miles. Note: The owners have two friendly golden retriever dogs.
Note: Although the owners garden and the guests garden are separated by a driveway, there are no fences and the owner's two friendly golden retrievers have access to the whole garden area.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful, cosy cottage in a peaceful location”
- “Myself, my husband and our 16 month old daughter enjoyed a lovely, peaceful holiday in the Isle of Wight at Kitty’s Loft. The accommodation was perfect for us and our toddler loved it from the moment we arrived. The owners, Barbara and Kitty, were very welcoming and could not do enough to help us. We were greeted with a tasty cream tea on arrival and the cottage was crammed with lots of extra touches to make our stay more comfortable. We were provided with a highchair, travel cot, stairgate and baby bath which was extremely helpful as it meant we didn't have to transport lots of big items from home. The cottage was set in a beautiful location and we had access to our own private garden. We also loved playing with the owners' two dogs who were really friendly and were brilliant with our toddler. Thanks for a great holiday!”
- “Just perfect”
- “My wife and I stayed at Kitty's Loft for a week at the end of September 2014. Kitty's Loft is situated in lovely countryside, yet within easy reach of villages and shops. The owners, Barbara and Kit were very welcoming and left us a lovely cream tea for our arrival. Kitty's Loft has everything you could need in a holiday cottage, at any time of year. The kitchen had everything you could need if you wanted to cater for yourself, and all fixtures, fittings, linen etc were of high quality and spotlessly clean. We hope to return again.”
- “Peaceful and very, very comfortable”
- “We stayed at Kitty's Loft for a week before moving into our new home on the island. It is well equiped and beautifully furnished with lots of extra little touches that you wouldn't usually expect in a holiday let. It's very comfortable - especially the beds - and the location is blissfully peaceful and quiet while still allowing easy access to all areas of the island. We were only sorry that we were not staying longer.”
- “WOW! What a fantastic cottage, it was clean and spacious. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for our holiday. Thank you.”
- “A wonderfully located barn conversion in a tranquil setting only 10- 20mins drive to all major attractions. Hospitality was outstanding and this was by far the best equipped self catering accommodation we have experienced. Would highly recommend.”
- “We wanted a quiet location in the heart of the Isle of Wight with good hosts! This is exactly what we got. The owners were wonderful and caring hosts and their pets were also very loving and welcoming. WE COULD NOT RECOMMEND KITTY'S LOFT MORE!”
- “A lovely place to stay, it was very peaceful and relaxing.”
- “Excellent location and the owners were extremely welcoming. The house was comfortable and clean and we enjoyed the beautiful gardens. We were lucky with the weather and had a very enjoyable holiday. Would certainly recommend this holiday.”
- “The cottage is just perfect, the host very welcoming and friendly, the whole area is absolutely beautiful. We will be going back.”
About the location
Shanklin 4 miles; Ventnor 4 miles.
Godshill is arguably one of the prettiest villages on the Isle of Wight, and its winding main street is lined with numerous picturesque thatched cottages. Explore the wealth of quaint shops, fascinating model village or natural history museum, then treat yourself to a mouth watering cream tea at one of the local tea gardens. Within 4 miles can be found the delightful seaside resorts of Sandown, Shankin and Ventnor, all well known for their mild climate, lovely sandy beaches with great watersports facilities, and lots of family friendly attractions. How about a nostalgic trip on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway, or a visit to Osborne House, Queen Victoria's magnificent summer retreat? There's such an incredible range of things to see and do on this wonderful island, catering for all tastes and ages.