- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A most delightful 250-year old, Grade II listed detached cottage, in the charming village of Shorwell on the Isle of Wight.
This lovely Shorwell cottage originally belonged to nearby Northcourt Manor, and has been sympathetically renovated, retaining much of its original character, including exposed stonework, beams and wood panelling, yet still with modern creature comforts.
The interior of this lovely Shorwell cottage is beautifully furnished, including three bedrooms, one with an en-suite, and two cosy sitting rooms.
Outside, there is a paved courtyard area as well as an attractive, enclosed lawned garden with decking, a tree house and a large summerhouse with a multi games table, ideal for all the family, whatever the weather!
And, with pretty villages, lovely walks, good beaches and local facilities all close by, this Shorwell cottage makes an exceptionally family-friendly home-from-home holiday base.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Fitted galley kitchen. Utility area. Dining room with doors to courtyard. Sitting room with exposed brickwork, beams and sofa bed. Second beamed sitting room with exposed stonework and feature fireplace with biofuel burner.
- LPG central heating with biofuel burner
- Electric oven, halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, WiFi, books/games/CDs
- Gas and electricity inc. in rent
- 2 litres of fuel (providing up to 10-12 hours of burning) for biofuel burner inc. in rent
- Additional fuel available to be purchased locally
- Bed linen inc. in rent (linen not provided for sofa bed)
- Towels are not provided
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Covered bike storage
- Large lawned garden with courtyard, decked areas, furniture, summerhouse with table games and tree house
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
About the location
Newport 6 miles.
The pretty village of Shorwell, close to the south coast of the Isle of Wight, was said to be one of Queen Victoria's favourite places to visit. The village is well served by a local pub serving good food and ales, a village shop and post office. The area offers miles of footpaths and bridleways, picturesque villages and breathtaking coastal scenery. Within a short drive can be found several beautiful beaches, the popular pleasure park at Blackgang Chine, and the bustling town of Newport with its shops, restaurants, arts centre and cinema. Shorwell is a charming village, and provides the perfect centre from which to explore this super island.
This property offers the following short breaks: