- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A most delightful 250-year old, Grade II listed detached cottage, in the charming village of Shorwell on the Isle of Wight.
This lovely Shorwell cottage originally belonged to nearby Northcourt Manor, and has been sympathetically renovated, retaining much of its original character, including exposed stonework, beams and wood panelling, yet still with modern creature comforts.
The interior of this lovely Shorwell cottage is beautifully furnished, including three bedrooms, one with an en-suite, and two cosy sitting rooms, one with a woodburner.
Outside, there is a paved courtyard area as well as an attractive, enclosed lawned garden with decking, a tree house and a large summerhouse with a multi games table, ideal for all the family, whatever the weather!
And, with pretty villages, lovely walks, good beaches and local facilities all close by, this Shorwell cottage makes an exceptionally family-friendly home-from-home holiday base.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Fitted galley kitchen. Utility area. Dining room with doors to courtyard. Sitting room with exposed brickwork, beams and sofa bed. Second beamed sitting room with exposed stonework and feature fireplace with woodburner.
- LPG central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven, halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV, WiFi, books/games/CDs
- All gas and electricity inc. in rent, please bring own fuel for woodburner
- Bed linen inc. in rent (linen not provided for sofa bed)
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Covered bike storage
- Large lawned garden with courtyard, decked areas, furniture, summerhouse with table games and tree house
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- “Great holiday home for all ages”
- “We were a family of Grandparents, parents and two boys ages 7 & 5. We loved the house and the garden. We were blessed with great weather and the garden was used a lot. The boys - and their cousins when they joined us loved the tree house and all the games in the summer house. The house is very well equipped and was lovely and clean. It was a nice touch to leave a bottle of Little Thatch wine for us and we appreciated the milk too. The location of the downstairs bedroom is ideal for grandparents as it's so far away from the rest of the house and the shower room is right next door. It is a little creaky as you would expect in such an old house so you do tend to hear the floor boards creaking a bit. As other people have commented in the visitors book, it isn't really suitable for 8 people - very comfortable for 6 - not only is no bedding provided for the sofa bed there wouldn't be enough comfortable seating in the sitting room That said we had a fantastic stay and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. Plenty of good eating places close by and fabulous beaches too.”
- “Wer all had a great time”
- “Excellent facilities - children well provided for - including their own treasure trail.”
- “Little Thatch is a first class holiday cottage. It was very welcoming with a good information folder on hand. It was very clean and well maintained. The cottage was very well equipped, above and beyond the basics, and everything was of good quality.”
- “Liked the location, the peace and quiet, and the good sized garden. I picked this cottage because of the downstairs bedroom and downstairs walk in shower room for my parents who can't manage stairs very well.”
- “One of the best cottages we have ever had, the cottage was well equipped and central for all venues, we would highly recommend it.”
- “As well as "Little Thatch" being a delight to holiday in, we were impressed by the "little extras" the owners had provided for the children. Two baby boomer's and three children of the noughties had a wonderful week.”
- “We loved the house and the garden and there was enough room for 2 families.The location was perfect.We had excellent weather but we all felt that if it had rained there was enough space and things to do in the house and garden. Games and books were all there for our use . The house was well stocked with all modern comforts. After a day on the beach or out and about we all looked forward to returning to the house and sitting in the garden.”
About the location
Newport 6 miles.
The pretty village of Shorwell, close to the south coast of the Isle of Wight, was said to be one of Queen Victoria's favourite places to visit. The village is well served by a local pub serving good food and ales, a village shop and post office. The area offers miles of footpaths and bridleways, picturesque villages and breathtaking coastal scenery. Within a short drive can be found several beautiful beaches, the popular pleasure park at Blackgang Chine, and the bustling town of Newport with its shops, restaurants, arts centre and cinema. Shorwell is a charming village, and provides the perfect centre from which to explore this super island.